this is a weird question to ask on a guitar-oriented site, but does anyone have any knowledge of synths? i am looking for a cheap one to play at shows and write off of. i am not that good of a guitar player, but i can write pretty well on a piano. also, what else would i need, such as an amp....
MOOG i think has some good ones...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
okay heres what you should do,

step one: sit on your couch with your guitar and practice

step two: dont go buy a synth
Quote by Pete_C_Bass
i wonder what the chances are that ExtremeMetalFTW has guitar hero?

...what?

dude are you stalking me?

i just got GH-2 3 days ago!

i wanted something else besides my computer for electronic fun...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
haha i have guitar hero suprisingly. i need to practice guitar more... lately ive been busy... my band plays pop punkish stuff (though i wont label it that cause we have multiple genres in the music) and i need a keyboard player, which i figure should be me
Sine wave, Saw tooth wave, Triangle Wave, Square wave... basic wave forms

hi frequency oscilator makes those waves, low frequency osiclator makes a modulation of those waves

ADSR filter controls the paramaiter of each waves sustaion realease, attack, decay.

Cutoff is like a big wah wah pedal... thats about it
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
Sine wave, Saw tooth wave, Triangle Wave, Square wave... basic wave forms

hi frequency oscilator makes those waves, low frequency osiclator makes a modulation of those waves

ADSR filter controls the paramaiter of each waves sustaion realease, attack, decay.

Cutoff is like a big wah wah pedal... thats about it

There, some good information.

Grab a nice vintage synth. Anything that makes sound is a good investment as it will bring more sonic possibilities. This is great, even for a guitar player because you won't end up so closed minded like Pete_C_Bass.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
alternatively, you could buy a MIDI Controller and get some soft synth software, FruityLoops is the obvious option
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
yeah get a microkorg, alesis micron, or just a midi keyboard and a laptop
nothiinn
theres this midi thats on musiciansfriend for $180. its an m-audio axiom 25. how do those work exactly?
Quote by 1000cleverlines
theres this midi thats on musiciansfriend for $180. its an m-audio axiom 25. how do those work exactly?

it depends if it is usb or not. if it is USB then all you need is some midi software to run on your computer to generate the sounds. If it just uses standard midi cables you need some sort of MIDI box like an M-Audio Fasttrack.