ever had one of those moments when ur soloiong or something or ur just dickin around on ur guitar, where it just clicks for like thirty seconds or so? u just played something hella cool, and there's no possible way u can re-create that moment?

yeah i just had one of those, it was pretty cool, i was soloing over this progression, and as it started and kept going, i could hear every note in my head that i wanted to play before i played it. wats even cooler is that i was able to play what i was hearing. i was able to transfer the melody from my head to my fingers to the guitar. it was pretty cool, those moments are rare, since i haven't been playing very long.

anyways, anyone wanna share a similar experience?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Every day. It's called improvising.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
No, but have you ever had a moment where you're watching a movie and you recognize one of the actors and you you can't really remember where you've seen him.
Happened to me one time. I was starting out learning some slide guitar and I was doing pretty good. So after a while with the slide, I found the excellent spot for a solo. I got so caught up in the solo that it lasted for two and one half days. It just so happened that the first 10 minutes was recorded, then the recorder exploded, but they got it fixed for the last few minutes for my several day solo.

The first recording I put some lyrics over and called it Freebird, and the last one someone stole from me and found it one day later under the name Sultans of Swing....
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by hug a llama
No, but have you ever had a moment where you're watching a movie and you recognize one of the actors and you you can't really remember where you've seen him.

XD WTF alittle off topic but yeah thats happend

and to the thread starter yeah thats why during band practices I'd have tapes recording the entire time, it catches things you'll never remember and helps when writing new material
i have that feeling when im jammin around sometimes, with my buddies. we'd just be dickin around, improvisin an doin whatever, and then suddenly we create something that we think sounds awesome (usually im on drums, im bad at guitar).....so we actaully just put my computer downstairs, and actaully recorded our jams so we could go back and listen to them.

....there are parts that we try over and over to re-create, and we cant. we can never get the timing right, even tho we were the ones to frreakin make it. its odd.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by Dimebag22
Every day. It's called improvising.

nice one douche bag, a lot of ppl improvise and sound like ****.

but anyways, to the post above me, it's weird, you'll play something completely badass and when you try and go back and do it again, u can never nail it
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
being brought up in the skool of punxrox i never learned or saw the need to improv solo, but at this one gig i did and it sounded awesome, then i realized it was the solo from porch by pearl jam.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Congratulations on your awesome experience! I had a similar one a week or two ago, just soloing over a chord progression as you did...sometimes it seems like you can't play anything that isn't mind-blowing, and it feels excellent.
yeah. that's why it's awesome to record yourself while playing.
i wrote a bad ass solo this weekend because i screwed up, and the note i accidentally hit was incredible, made the whole thing. learned the first part of it and improv the rest.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Quote by GrungeBeatle
being brought up in the skool of punxrox i never learned or saw the need to improv solo, but at this one gig i did and it sounded awesome, then i realized it was the solo from porch by pearl jam.

haha, i used to solo over pennywise songs.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I've done it a few times. It happens to me mostly when I'm just messing around with AC/DC or ZZ Top songs. I get in this major groove and just keep going until finally I drift back into the song.

It's a great moment to have until it dawns on me that I have no idea how the hell I just did it
Quote by psychokiller99
nice one douche bag, a lot of ppl improvise and sound like ****.

but anyways, to the post above me, it's weird, you'll play something completely badass and when you try and go back and do it again, u can never nail it

Well, actually I was never trying to insult you or to make a 'douchey' comment. I'm just saying that whenever I improvise, it's usually like that especially when I'm jamming along to SRV or Hendrix . So yeah, sorry if you took that to wrong way.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by Dimebag22
Well, actually I was never trying to insult you or to make a 'douchey' comment. I'm just saying that whenever I improvise, it's usually like that especially when I'm jamming along to SRV or Hendrix . So yeah, sorry if you took that to wrong way.

oh...well...watever then sorry about that... you're probably pretty good then cuz it doesn't come along often for me, lol
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
this happens to me everytime i pickup my guitar

i dont mind though, the fact that i'm improvising something kickass is reward enough

improvise to one of your favorite bands playing a song, like, while they play through the normal song, just solo your ass off to it, it's soooo damn fun!!!

I did it about 12 times with Testament - Fall Of Siple Dome

UGH THAT SONG IS THE ****!!!

anyways yeah, solo through the whole song, and when/if the solo comes up, just play that.
it's damn good fun, and you won't zone out while you're playing because you have to keep focus to the music

seriously try it with Testament and the song Fall Of Siple Dome.
put your guitar in D standard, play through the intro riffage, and when it speeds up and turns into a thrashterpiece, SOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry, i love doing that, haha
ive been playing for a long time but i'm not as good at theory as i should be, but just from playing so long i can start soloing to a song without knowing what key its in and making very few mistakes.I guess after playing for so long the sounds that each note plays and where it is on the guitar is just stuck in my brain, so i can play what notes i want to without thinking about what they are exactly...if that makes sense...
makes sense to me PTfan, because i have like 0 musical theory, and only improv with good sounding notes because i just know what notes are going to sound good in that key by looking at the frets....although i have the frets etched into my mind now, and hardly even look at the fretboard when i solo.
the only time i do is if i start tapping, or tremolo picking all over the place
sweeping without looking at the fretboard and sounding good FTW

btw, i improv in D standard, i can't do it in E standard for some reason....im uber phail in E standard.....haha don't know why but I just can't do it to save mai laif
I have these moments fairly often, usually i make up an amazing riff, then forget it, or i remember and think its great for a while, and when i play it the next day it sounds like shit
Hello