I'm looking into getting a new single-coil neck pickup on my Strat. My budget is $100 Cdn. I want a pickup that can give me an Eric Johnson tone from Venus Isle or Ah Via Musicom, but that can also play David Gilmour-esque tones, classic rock or Texas blues. Something vintage that sounds super-pure clean but that likes some dirt.
Ive been looking into Texas Specials and Dimarzio Area 61s (or 58s whatever its called...) Don't think i could afford Lindy Frailins.
Anybody have any good experience with a replacement neck pup that will work for what I want?
Thanks
ps. I have a Traynor YCV50Blue.
www.rockmonkeyguitars.com go there, and browse through a bit. see if u like what he offers.

then, email the guy, or PM CorduroyEW here, and ask him the question. he'll give you the best suggestion for you, and he'll probably wind a custom pickup just for you.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
it would have to be something i could get at Long and McQuade- gift certificate purposes, but thanks for the link.
awwww whyyyyyyy????

maybe like the YJM pickup? lace sensors?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i have a gift certificate, and no money other than that... what about the Lace Holy Grail?
Last edited by frazzledazzle at Nov 6, 2007,
Yea... EJ tone is more from his playing than anything, guy is amazing. His tone is in his fingertips.