I see alot of gp tabs that say overdriven guitar for the instrument. Im assuming this has something to do with the amp, but what exactly does this mean?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Basically if your amp is overdriven your gain(distortion) is up higher and it gives the sound a slight crurnch
Quote by Ktool The Girth
I see alot of gp tabs that say overdriven guitar for the instrument. Im assuming this has something to do with the amp, but what exactly does this mean?

It means that the guitar is distorted, but more moderate, smooth distortion, like tube overdrive. At least, that's how I use it.
My Rig:
Washburn N1
Digitech Death Metal
Yorkville XM50
Quote by bizzle06
Basically if your amp is overdriven your gain(distortion) is up higher and it gives the sound a slight crurnch

what is the difference between distortion guitar and overdrive then?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
the overdrive is sort of a preset on your amplifier. There is really no difference but you do not have the fine tunings you would have should you have a pedal.
Overdriven tone is usually(atleast in my opinion) a softer distortion. Distorted is usually anything gainier than that.
Signatures are overrated.
Technically overdrive is anything that happens when your amp is pushed too hard and the signal clips on its own and distortion is an artificial form of the same thing, however the practical upshot of this is that overdrive has less gain and sounds 'warmer' to human ears whereas distortion has more gain but sounds a bit colder.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.