well i have a epiphone standard and the neck i bowed pretty bad

i know that u only need to turn 1/4 each time giving the wood some time to adjust itself

my question is do i turn clockwise or unclockwise ?
Hmm... let see.

There's a thing called the Truss Rod which works like a counter force for the string's tension force.

Clockwise turns tighten the trust rod and make the neck bends backward from the neck.
Counter-clockwise turns loosen the truss rod and make the neck bend forward the neck.

Remember to loosen a strings a little for easier turns. Do only very small adjustment, turn back to pitch, wait or play lightly a little then check the relief. Repeat until you're happy with the result. If it's feel forceful to turn then stop imidietly and consul a proffesional's help instead. There's a risk your neck will be broken permanently and it will cost you a fortune to repair it.
Clockwise turns tighten the trust rod and make the neck bends backward from the neck.
Counter-clockwise turns loosen the truss rod and make the neck bend forward the neck.

That's backward. Tighteneing the truss rod, (clockwise) brings the middle of the neck closer to the strings, or straightens it. Loosening, conter-clockwise, lets it bow more.

Good explanation with diagrams Here.

Regardless what anyone says, I know from experience, truss rods break easy, be very careful, and I always advise taking it to a competent tech for adjustments. I broke my first one...

Put a drop of light oil on the adjusting nut and let it sit overnight to help make things easier, truss rod nuts are rarely lubricated at the factory and after a few years it's probably rusted. Oiling will help loosen rust and make it easier to turn if no rust is present. It only needs one drop, 3 in 1 oil works fine.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
thank you both i turned clockwise 1/4 i will let it work for a day see how much it changes
how much distance should there be between the 9th fret and the strings when fretted at the 1st and 24th (or 22nd if the case may be)?
also, how do you judge bridge-hieght?