I did some searching and it seems as though the majority of those who have purchased basses from Rondo Music in this forum were unsatisfied. But has anyone actually gotten a decent quality bass from them? I know in the guitar world, the Agile guitars are pretty well praised, especially in my town. I have played a couple of those and yeah they were nice. I bought an SX acoustic/electric guitar for $180 USD on the site and it's not bad. It is solid and it plays/sounds way better than you would expect for under $200.

But anyway, bass. I don't know anything about their basses, I have never personally played one. I found a Douglas (never heard of them) fretless neckthru 5 string for $225 USD. It actually looks like something that might play decently.

http://www.rondomusic.com/wpb955tfl.html

I am going to try to find out more about this bass, reviews and such. I don't know, it just looks like it could be an alright instrument. I have been itching for a fretless for some time now. If I had the cash I'd drop it on a Fender or a Lakland, but $225 isn't too much for me to drop right now.
I played a Douglas. It was really nice. I advise you to buy it. You will not regret it.
Don't have experience with rondo. Sorry. Hope this helps a bit.
The jazz student
Tha Douglas seems like a shitload of bass for the price... I would almost be a little suspicious. Ash body, active pickups, active EQ. Seems too good to be true but if Croatiaman likes it, it's probably good.
All negative? Bizarre. The only person I've ever seen complaining about Rondo is Hergiswi or whatever his name is. Most other people who have bought something from them have very high opinions of the company.

They're extremely popular, there's a high demand for them and you get a lot of bass for the money.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Yep, that was me. But even then, the people are great to deal with and they handle problems well. One of my pickups collapsed and they repaired it for me. So I guess I can say that much.
Yeah I am skeptical towards the pickups. I did some searching and it seems like the pickups in that bass are used in a variety of el cheapo bass brands. So nothing special there. Some of the reviews complain about them humming and some scratching when you adjust the balance knob.

I'm not so much worried about the electronics, I assumed I would end up replacing them if I took this bass seriously at all. I am just concerned about how solid it's construction is.