So my EMG 81/85 combo has been sounding pretty weak as of lately, and I've put off figuring out why for some time now, but I think that my problem is the input jack. I've replaced the battery for the pups, I've checked the wires, and everything seems in order. I've had problems with the input jack in the past, and when I was tuning, I would have to jiggle the cable until it was perfect for it to pick up a constant signal. And I've tried bending it into place, but it doesn't seem to do much good.

So I'm looking to replace the jack, more specifically with this one from GFS: http://store.guitarfetish.com/swst1stjapef.html
That would just be a direct swap, correct? And what's with the "automatic switch for guitars with 9v batteries" part about?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
So my EMG 81/85 combo has been sounding pretty weak as of lately, and I've put off figuring out why for some time now, but I think that my problem is the input jack. I've replaced the battery for the pups, I've checked the wires, and everything seems in order. I've had problems with the input jack in the past, and when I was tuning, I would have to jiggle the cable until it was perfect for it to pick up a constant signal. And I've tried bending it into place, but it doesn't seem to do much good.

So I'm looking to replace the jack, more specifically with this one from GFS: http://store.guitarfetish.com/swst1stjapef.html
That would just be a direct swap, correct? And what's with the "automatic switch for guitars with 9v batteries" part about?

When you plug your cable in, the battery is put into the circuit and the pickups will work. Without that extra lug on the jack, you would need a switch to turn your pickups on and off.
And yes, it is a direct replacement.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
So do you think that the jack IS the problem?
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
So do you think that the jack IS the problem?

It could be, a dodgy jack can explain all the problems you have. It's only a couple of dollars and a few minutes time, so you may as well replace it.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."