Im basically a pedal noob. Ive never really looked into them but ive really been wanting to get a wah pedal (I haven't decided which one yet) Suggestions would be nice

But I want a distortion/overdrive pedal. My question is what is the dfference between the two? and what would be better for me?

I want a pedal that will work for both Blink 182 sounds and RHCP type sounds. Hardest I get is some early Incubus.

I really dont want to spend more than $70 on a pedal. But the ones im looking at are

Boss DS-1
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-DS1-Distortion-Pedal?sku=151258

DigiTech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive Pedal
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Bad-Monkey-Tube-Overdrive-Pedal?sku=150831

Boss OS-2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-OS2-OverdriveDistortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=151336

I really like the sound clips of this one, but is it worth the $90?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-OD3-OverDrive-Pedal?sku=151389
Let me be the first one to ask: What kind of amp do you have?

edit: duh, didn't see the sig. Guess the Bad Monkey would be a good choice.
Right now, a crappy Marshall 12watt combo. With no footswitch which is my main reason for the distortion pedal.

In a few months I will for sure either have a tube amp (peavey classic 30 or fender blues jr) or a roland cube 30
Not to spoil your fun (I know how the GAS feels, believe me), but if you're getting a new amp, you might want to wait with the OD pedal. A pedal will sound different through different amps, and it's a good idea to try it out first with the amp that you're actually gonna use it with.
I planned on waiting but lately I guess you could say ive been musically active lol, going places jamming and such. Its just really frustrating that everytime I want to switch from clean to distorted I have to go over to my amp adjust my volume and gain knob.
i have the behringer knockoff of the OS-2. and if they sound at all similar.. i'd strongly advise against it.

i hear good things about the monkey, and other good thigns about the DS-1 as well but they're both used in different situations.. distortions are generally for heavy grinding metal or rock. whereas an overdrive is a bit milder, but can be used to boost gain channels and push amps into metal territory. if you can give em both a try and see what works for you.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
First off defiantly get an Overdrive pedal for getting the tones you mentioned.

And secondly the Digitech Bad Monkey is the best "budget" pedal for overdrive and is great for finding a decent sound without being out of pocket.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Yeah, I understand that one. Anyway, if you buy a pedal now, just be sure to try it out through a tube amp similar to the ones you're looking at before buying it. That way you're sure you'll get the sound you're looking for when buy a new amp, so you don't have to spend money on another OD.
Well, try them with your amp.

I'd say, if your choices are all stock, the OS-2 would be best. Especially if your unsure with the overdrive vs distortion
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
Well, try them with your amp.

I'd say, if your choices are all stock, the OS-2 would be best. Especially if your unsure with the overdrive vs distortion

That's a mighty clever sig you've got there, Sir.
T'was a mighty clever man who said it
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
thanks for the help guys, ill let you know what I decide to get

Im probably just going to get the ds-1 and the sd-1. I figure between those I should be able to get the sound I want
Quote by kyrreca

kyrreca, i've got to hand it to you. That's pretty funny. And true.

I cracked up when I read that quote!
Edit: Almost forgot...to TS-the DS-1 is a good choice. They sound pretty good w/ a lot of different amps, & you certainly can't go wrong for the price.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by kyrreca

o lawdy, i c wut he did thar