its between a yamaha and washburn for me. i like the bright detailed sound of yamaha but havnt got the chance to play either of these washburns. which one is likely to sound better for my needs?

sappelle, never heard of it, what other name is there for it? is it bright sounding or flat and warm?
Sapele is a type of mahogany, so it will likely sound on the warm side. You should try out each of the Washburns and decide which one you like. By the way, you didn't exactly describe what your "needs" are.
well i think u answered my "needs" lol. Warm is not for me. I like detailed bright sound , nothing to harsh though, thats all my needs.

anyone played both d10s and fg700s can comment on which is a more detailed sound?
I can't speak for the D10S, but I own a FG750S, which doesn't sound dramatically different from the FG700S. I'd say it's pretty bright-sounding. Very nice guitar for the money(any Yamaha, actually). Once again, you should get your hands on each of them and decide for yourself. My opinion is irrelevant if my perception of what sounds good, differs from yours.
nowhere close sells washburns, unfortunately. i played the fg's, have owned a couple prior to current line up. i like yamahas a lot, but everyone says d10s is best guitar in price range in world.
Quote by fiztech
nowhere close sells washburns, unfortunately. i played the fg's, have owned a couple prior to current line up. i like yamahas a lot, but everyone says d10s is best guitar in price range in world.
I believe that the D10S is the best selling guitar in the world at that price range, but I'm certain that plenty would disagree with the highly subjective notion that it's the best sounding and playing guitar in that price range. Bottom line, get the best that you can afford, and have access to.
i think i will stick with yamaha, always liked them for quality and the detalied sound.
Quote by teegee420
I can't speak for the D10S, but I own a FG750S, which doesn't sound dramatically different from the FG700S. I'd say it's pretty bright-sounding. Very nice guitar for the money(any Yamaha, actually). Once again, you should get your hands on each of them and decide for yourself. My opinion is irrelevant if my perception of what sounds good, differs from yours.

In my opinion, the FG750S is a MUCH boomier and bassier sounding guitar than either the FG700S or the FG730S. I find both the FG700S and FG730S to be pretty bright, crisp guitars.

Quote by fiztech

I don't think Washburn even comes close to competing with Yamaha here. I agree with the above poster that the D10S may be the best selling guitar around that price range, but it's nowhere near the best sounding and playing as far as I'm concerned. I cannot understand the obsession with the D10S. Are they terrible? No. Are they mediocre? YES! I think the Yamahas sound better and play better... and they are cheaper aren't they?
thanks jim

they are cheaper in Australia/NZ thats for sure. About $80 difference for me.

i think the fg700s with .13 and a bone saddle will do me right.