Well the volume has cut back a lot, and everytime I give it a good whack on the top, the volume comes back, but only to cut again in a matter of seconds. Can anyone tell me whats wrong, or possibly what I can do.

Btw, I have an MG30DFX <- Don't Ask.
Why do you ha - Oh. I'm not sure what the problem is but if it's crapped out on you it's probably time to upgrade anyway.
the guitar's lead perhaps?

i'm not sure about the mg30's but i know the mg100's have a fan at the back to keep the transistors cool. check to see if that little dude is still doing his job (spinning).
Quote by Don_Humpador
Why do you ha - Oh. I'm not sure what the problem is but if it's crapped out on you it's probably time to upgrade anyway.

The only other amp that is available in the country is an MG. So much for upgrade.
the MG series should just be re-called and burnt.
They're not very good although it's probably your lead, change that and if the problem still continues then replace the MG with a (used) tube amp.
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Maybe its a broken tube? Ow wait.. Its a MG

Maybe a broken volume pot or transistor?
Looks like a good time to upgrade
Ah, UAE...I see.

You could always order one over the internet, and it wouldn't be a gamble since nothing's worse than an MG. Well, maybe a Spider..
can you get mail in your country??? order online.....but yeah it sounds like some kind of short...not good
Quote by B-U-R-P
The only other amp that is available in the country is an MG. So much for upgrade.

where do you live? mg-land?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well, everyone has an mg, and they have an ibanez guitar. except for me and couple o people.
if i may ask where you are from?and where do they charge 600usd's for shipping?
Seems like you're out of luck. Any relatives living in, say, Europe? The only other way I can think of is wait until you go on a vacation somewhere (although I dunno if you can bring back so big cargo very easily).
Anyone able to help with my problem?My leads are new, ive tested them on other amps
ill be in UAE somtime this year actually. i could give you my valve junior. but sorry, i would never do that. are you in dubai? im surprised that with all the financial growth there recently they dont have any new amps. well, come to think of it, culturally, the nation isn't really geared toward guitar playing. have you tried ordering from a country closer to yours? europe? the orient? there's gotta be SOMETHING
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Fama
Seems like you're out of luck. Any relatives living in, say, Europe? The only other way I can think of is wait until you go on a vacation somewhere (although I dunno if you can bring back so big cargo very easily).

Thats how I got my razorback, my dad was in New Orleans, so we shipped it there, and he rought it back with him.

And it costs alot to ship because of the weight of tube amps.
I can imagine that you'll have trouble finding decent gear in Abu Dhabi. :/
But are you sure there are no music stores at all that have a bit of variety? I don't really have a clue what it would be like in the Emirates, though. How many people listen to guitar music/play the guitar over there?
what tube amp are you looking at...and most upgrades from an mg shouldn't be hard to find, im guessing you play medal right?
Another thing you could consider is amp kits, although that probably won't get you what you want.
there are some music stores, but the only decent amp was a randall combo, and that cost ALOT.

But you do get a good share of guitarists here. But I'm like the only Anti-MG i know. <- loner lol.
Have you considered contacting the company that imports those MGs and asking them if you could special order a different kind of amp through them? It might be worth a shot.
the only tube amp I saw was a Marshall DSL or something. And Yep, I am a Metalhead.
Quote by kyrreca
Have you considered contacting the company that imports those MGs and asking them if you could special order a different kind of amp through them? It might be worth a shot.

Good idea, i should try that. thanks.
last time i was there, i couldnt even find strings, let alone a vox AC30
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery