View poll results: Do you like it?
Its great!
10 34%
It sucks!
7 24%
Who cares?
12 41%
Voters: 29.
So, has anybody heard it? I got a few days ago, and its sweet. I put it just below Summer of Darkness and but ahead of the Triptych...so, tell me your thoughts if you've heard it...my favorite song is "Thorns"
ive heard its pretty good but i dont have it. i heard a single or something. it sounded good.
I've never liked Demon Hunter... And this CD isn't great either.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Belongs in Nu-Metal yo, not hardcore or hardcore related.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Belongs in Nu-Metal yo, not hardcore or hardcore related.

you should really listen to their last two cd's, like a lot of former nu-metal bands (ie Project 86, TFK, Spoken etc.) they have changed their sound, they are now a hardcore (or I think metalcore) band. Do your research next time...
Quote by demonhunter2
you should really listen to their last two cd's, like a lot of former nu-metal bands (ie Project 86, TFK, Spoken etc.) they have changed their sound, they are now a hardcore (or I think metalcore) band. Do your research next time...

The thing is

They're neither hardcore or metalcore.

And some of their new songs still sound like nu-metal to me.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
Quote by guitarwannabe16
The thing is

They're neither hardcore or metalcore.

And some of their new songs still sound like nu-metal to me.

I'm sorry, your lack of intelligence is hard to comprehend...none of there new songs sound nu-metal...I've got all their Cd's (5, including special editions) and have been to their concerts, I should know whether they're nu-metal or not
Last edited by demonhunter2 at Nov 8, 2007,
Quote by demonhunter2
I've got all their Cd's (5, including special editions) and have been to their concerts, I should know whether they're nu-metal or not

You don't even know the difference between nu metal and metalcore, how can you say that a band belongs in either of those genres?
Quote by mr.joopy987
You don't even know the difference between nu metal and metalcore, how can you say that a band belongs in either of those genres?

If you can explain to me how the two new Demon Hunter cd's are nu-metal, I will gladly agree, but so far all anybody has done is bash me. Who cares what genre they are in? The question was: do you like the album or not?
Quote by demonhunter2
I'm sorry, your lack of intelligence is hard to comprehend...none of there new songs sound nu-metal...I've got all their Cd's (5, including special editions) and have been to their concerts, I should know whether they're nu-metal or not

Owning all of their cds or going to their concerts has nothing to do with your knowledge of the band's musical ability or genre. In fact it probably clouds your vision. Its hard to take your opinion on the band seriously when its so obviously biased.

The only song that sounded remotely like metalcore was their first one. All others were nu-metalish or some kind of mainstream rock.

Pretty much everyone on here will hate this album, including me. Look at the poll, over 91% either hate or dont give a rip about this band.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
I love the new cd

Hardcore/metalcore/nu-metal whatever its good stuff
The end is here and she will not remain silent! - The Chariot

Oh, and there are accounts of people who have spoken out negatively about Scientology being killed. So consider me a marked man.
- Ryan Clark of Demon Hunter
i can dig it! i got the deluxe edition! its awesome i want to learn how to play Carry Me Down... its my favorite song!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
So I got this album Saturday, and it may be the greatest one I've heard in years. Earlier this year I got Year Zero and thought it was the greatest, but this one might top it. It's just amazing.

And Demon Hunter isn't nu metal. No rap or hip hop influence whatsoever, no giant walls of heavily distored powerchords. Seriously, go listen to Korn and Linkin Park and then Demon Hunter and try to say they sound the same. They're classified as metalcore and are closer to metal than anything.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
sigh.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
sigh?

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
So I got this album Saturday, and it may be the greatest one I've heard in years. Earlier this year I got Year Zero and thought it was the greatest, but this one might top it. It's just amazing.

And Demon Hunter isn't nu metal. No rap or hip hop influence whatsoever, no giant walls of heavily distored powerchords. Seriously, go listen to Korn and Linkin Park and then Demon Hunter and try to say they sound the same. They're classified as metalcore and are closer to metal than anything.

Lol. Nu Metal doesnt have to have rap or hip hop influence.

Listen to Slipknot, or Mudvayne, and tell me they sound like either of those bands. (I for one, hate nu metal, but I realize it's a very widely based genre, even though the bands/musicians suck)
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Lol. Nu Metal doesnt have to have rap or hip hop influence.

Listen to Slipknot, or Mudvayne, and tell me they sound like either of those bands. (I for one, hate nu metal, but I realize it's a very widely based genre, even though the bands/musicians suck)

They stilll aren't nu metal. They might have a remote similarity to those mentioned bands because of the screamings, but nothing else. Demon Hunter has never been classified as nu metal, because it isn't.

Quote by MANATEEN
Who cares about the genre...

the band ****ing sucks

I'm sorry, but you have just failed.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Favorite bands :
Chevelle, Nine Inch Nails, Project 86, Demon Hunter, 311, Muse, Tool, Incubus, Skillet, Blindside, Blood Hound Gang, Blink 182, System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Rob Zombie, Queens of the Stoneage, Audio Slave, Soundgarden, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin, A Perfect Circle, Billy Talent, AFI, In Flames

Quote by MANATEEN
Favorite bands :
Chevelle, Nine Inch Nails, Project 86, Demon Hunter, 311, Muse, Tool, Incubus, Skillet, Blindside, Blood Hound Gang, Blink 182, System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Rob Zombie, Queens of the Stoneage, Audio Slave, Soundgarden, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin, A Perfect Circle, Billy Talent, AFI, In Flames

Remove your head from your ass and go be an elitist ****bag somewhere else, no one asked you to come into this thread.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Opinions are fine, right?

I gave just as much reason as to why I think Demon Hunter sucks as you did for thinking they were the greatest.
Quote by MANATEEN
Opinions are fine, right?

I gave just as much reason as to why I think Demon Hunter sucks as you did for thinking they were the greatest.

It seems you were never taught about opinions (or never passed second grade). You came in here saying "they suck" instead of saying "I don't like this band". You don't have to like the band at all, but that sure as hell doesn't make them suck. Not to mention you did the same with the list of my favorite bands. Please try to be smarter next time.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by MANATEEN
Welcome to the internet.

In one ear and out the other...

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club