Or some 100 watt amps for that matter.

I was planning on getting a Marshall JVM combo, until I realized it didn't have any wattage reduction. No one needs a 100w amp.

So anyway, after that I looked at the Marshall TSL100, which is great - but reduction only to about 25w, fine for playing at home not for gigs, because lets face it at most gigs I wouldn't want to use all 100w.

On to the TSL60, of course that should have VPR. .. No, no it doesn't. And I don't understand why the majority of 50/60w amps I've looked at don't have it either.

*sigh* amp search continues.
Well honestly there isn't that much of a difference in volume between a 1oo watt ampo and say 30 watts, the amount of watts really just tells you how much headroom you'll have before the amp starts to breakup.
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Mesa/Boogie amps usually have a lot of power reduction options. I can run my Mark IV in about 15 watt increments between 30-85 watts. A 30 watt amp, though, is still deafening. Sounds like you're being a bit too picky.
Hi, I'm Peter
Dont get a 100w amp then? I think any kind of power reduction is just unnecessary fecking around really, and as someone already said yeah, it doesnt make enough of a difference to be useable really
Diezel, Motherfucker
Hmm. So if I got say, an Orange Rocker 30 head and a 2X12 orange cab. That'd be loud enough for my gigs, quiet enough for home practice and not overkill for recording?

If I wanted to make it even louder, would adding another cab make significant difference?

Because if so. I'm fecking going for it. I'm so tired of amp talk.
^ If anything, you wouldn't even need extension cabs. The combo would be fine.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I've got a 65w crate combo crammed into a very tiny bedroom, it can go anywhere from earth-shattering to just loud enough, and the only thing I use is the volume knob
Quote by Tomaz24
If I wanted to make it even louder,...............

You wouldn't.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Nov 6, 2007,