after seeing the working out thread i got thinking about gaining weight. i have been thinking about it for a while but never really done anything about it. im 5' 7'' and weigh about 110. id like to put on at least 20 pounds or so. i dont have access to a gym, since my schools gym is only for athletes, and im not playing a sport until spring. do those protein shakes work? any suggestions?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
protein shakes aren't for putting on weight, protein is used to build muscle, so the protein shakes are used while weight training to build muscle easier, if you take them but don't use the extra protein to build muscle, you'll just get fat

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

well i can pretty much eat whatever i want and not gain anyweight. my metabolism is so fast. so mcdonalds wont work. do you think if i used the protein shakes, then did like 100 push ups a day and 100 sit ups a day then i would see results?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Do you want to swap metabolisms?

I breathe and get fat
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by fenderbassist12
after seeing the working out thread i got thinking about gaining weight. i have been thinking about it for a while but never really done anything about it. im 5' 7'' and weigh about 110. id like to put on at least 20 pounds or so. i dont have access to a gym, since my schools gym is only for athletes, and im not playing a sport until spring. do those protein shakes work? any suggestions?

:O we're the same height and weight
yeah I wanna get some muscle too
Quote by Velvet_Craig
McDonalds?

I'm 5'8" and only 115lbs.

I eat McfuckinDonalds Monday through Friday, and i STILL seem to be losing weight...
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.

I eat McfuckinDonalds Monday through Friday, and i STILL seem to be losing weight...

You should vary your diet some more, you must have terrible skin if that's what you're eating.
Acne free as far as my face goes. But, friday i moved a LOT closer to work so i've just been going home and eating. Still won't gain any weight though....
Why look a man in the eye when you can shoot him in the back?

If you can't convince them; confuse them.

Quote by smb
I think anyone who hasn't cheated hasn't lived.
Eat well, exercise regularly and stay active.

As somebody else said, I don't think you should change yourself to fit into the traditional concept of how other people want you to look. Just be yourself and be happy you shouldn't be anything more or less.
Quote by feenxfire
Acne free as far as my face goes. But, friday i moved a LOT closer to work so i've just been going home and eating. Still won't gain any weight though....

maybe you have worms, gross! Or cancer.

Eat healthy and drink plenty of water. And do some exercise. I'm sure its all good advice.
Quote by fenderbassist12
well i can pretty much eat whatever i want and not gain anyweight. my metabolism is so fast. so mcdonalds wont work. do you think if i used the protein shakes, then did like 100 push ups a day and 100 sit ups a day then i would see results?

if you can do 100 press ups and sit ups in a row then add weight e.g. a schoolbag filled with bricks on your back or anything you can find, for situps just hold something heavy whilst your doing them

but join a gym or get yourself some decent dumbbells or else protein shakes won't do anything, your body won't build muscle magically
I'm 6'1" and 170lbs, not fat but I really wanna try out man boobs, they look hilarious. xD

Do I win a cookie?
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

You're 15.

Wait.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...

thats good for you, but do you have any muscle mass at all?

Didnt think so. Eat healthy and excercise.

Quote by fenderbassist12

you are thinking on the right track, but you need to eat healthy to gain lean muscle. i imagine you dont want to be able to bench 300lbs, but look like rosie o'donnel, right. eating a horse-load of food will make your body grow...just not the way you want it to, let alone be healthy.

like it has been said many times before, 1 - 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. and you cant forget carbs and healthy fats. you need those too.

but if you just want to gain weight, just eat more calories than your body burns. simple math
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Last edited by kadinh at Nov 6, 2007,