My Guitar

Now should I either go with a new Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt? Or should I go with new pickups? both will come out to about the same in cash. Im thinking getting a dimebucker and seymour duncan JB or Jazz pickups. Another questions is, how do I decide what pickup goes in the bridge, and which one goes in the neck? I assume for more rythm playing, you put the dimebucker in the neck, and for more lead, the seymour jazz or jb in the bridge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
Buy a Roland Cube 60 or something.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

What amp do you have now?

The dimebucker is a pretty horrible pickup, and would probably be far too muddy in the neck position.

The Jazz is a neck pickup, and the JB is a bridge pickup which probably won't suit what music you play.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I forgot to state what type of music I play. I like to play a lot of metal pretty much, but how do you know which pickup goes to what position? Right now I have a Peavey Blazer 158 I borrowed from a friend.
Check out the Crunchbox and Punchbox from Rio Grande i had them installed in my guitar and think that they are much better than SD's. Go with the pickups and save money to get a tube amp.
I don't think you need new pickups
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

They'll say in the description.

New pickups won't make much of a difference on that amp.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Caliber45
My Guitar

Now should I either go with a new Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt? Or should I go with new pickups? both will come out to about the same in cash. Im thinking getting a dimebucker and seymour duncan JB or Jazz pickups. Another questions is, how do I decide what pickup goes in the bridge, and which one goes in the neck? I assume for more rythm playing, you put the dimebucker in the neck, and for more lead, the seymour jazz or jb in the bridge? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Line 6 would be the way to go for now. When your ready for a pickup upgrade I would recommend EMG 81 & 85 combo. It really seems to suit metal but I play many different styles with that combo.
But not the Line 6.. Get something worth buying.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

The only Spider I'd ever recommend buying is the 15 watt version.

You can spend your money better elsewhere for the more expensive ones.
Quote by utsapp89
I would seriously consider an upgrade to a tube combo before a pickup swap. Those pickups may be just fine. A Spider's just going to make every guitar sound just the same.
For 200$, a 30 Watt Line 6 Spider III has all the effects I could ever want, a footswitch, ability to rock out at a gig with 30 watts, multiple distortion settings. So whats wrong with it exactly?

My budget is around 200$
dont get a spider 3 or the dimebucker. luv dime, but not the dimebucker. hmmm, if u like dimes tone, get a randall or krank amp
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by FacingUsAll
They'll say in the description.

New pickups won't make much of a difference on that amp.

i agree 100% although i do have it, i can say from personal experience, that amp is craptastic!
so get a new amp, it might make your pickups sound better
Quote by Caliber45
For 200$, a 30 Watt Line 6 Spider III has all the effects I could ever want, a footswitch, ability to rock out at a gig with 30 watts, multiple distortion settings. So whats wrong with it exactly?

My budget is around 200$

1. It sounds bad.
2. A 30W SS amp is not loud enough to rock out at a gig (if you want the audience to hear you)
The peavey blazer you have is one of the best practice SS i've heard (I own one myself but I'm not being biased) it's also a VERY loud 15 watter, and would probably be as loud as the spider 3 30 watter is.

The peavey doesnt sound much worse when turned up near full, the spider will get worse as the volume increases.

Keep on saving for an amp worth getting
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
$200 eh?

Peavey Royal 8

or if you're looking non-tube, maybe, a Roland Cube...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Caliber45

My budget is around 200$

1. line 6 spiders are crap, every tone produced by those amps are saturated with the ugliest digital compression ever concieved

2. almost every amp ever made in the last 30 years has a footswitch available

3. 200 bucks isn't gonna buy you a good gigworthy amp (believe me, i played thru a crate combo for the longest time) best advice is to save up a bit
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
i agree 100% although i do have it, i can say from personal experience, that amp is craptastic!
so get a new amp, it might make your pickups sound better

Yeah, that amp is awful.
Wow, I didnt realize the amount of hate UGers had for Line 6. I should have searched before asking, haha... The thing is, Ive been playing for a year, and I dont really want to spend over 200$, I dont really feel im worthy of a gig ready amp yet, to tell the truth, im not going to be gigging for a while. So im just lookin for a good tone for metal.
^You won't get a good metal tone for $200. Get the Spider, and you'll realize we were right about 3-6 months from now.