Ok, i have an alder body squire. i like the feel of the guitar, it would just be cool to have some hotter pups in it.

since the body is alder, if i put, like lets say, fender american pups in it, it should make it sound rly good right?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
umm if you want hotter pickups maybe another brand of pickups might be an order - but it definately would be an improvement - i have an old beat up squier telecaster and it plays absolutely brilliantly too...
Quote by nathhan
umm if you want hotter pickups maybe another brand of pickups might be an order - but it definately would be an improvement - i have an old beat up squier telecaster and it plays absolutely brilliantly too...

yea im actually thinking about a pearly gates in the bridge and adn tehn do some research and find some nice single coils
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
It all depends on what it is you want to change about the sound...there's no point changing pickups unless you know why. Quite often people think a pickup change will solve a problem when all they need to do is EQ their amp properly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Um. Save up for nice pickups. Or buy an american strat. Yes that is expensive but worth it.

If you think you are gonna keep that guitar for a while then you might as well change out the pickups. dimarzio pickups are really nice.fender pickups..give fender sound. but its ur opinion.