I have a peavy 5150 amp with the matching cabinet, and the tone im getting out of it is alright, but isnt exactly what im looking for. Its a very sharp tone, but im looking for something with more low end to it, and something that sounds smoother, something more like a parkway drive styled tone, or in flames. What type of gear do you recommend using with it in order to get what i need out of it?
Hows about you turn the bass on the amp up? You said a bassier tone so there's your answer.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Maybe its your guitar?
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
the amp doesnt have enough on it im using a couple guitars on it all fitted with emg 81/85's
Have you tried using any type of attenuator? That'll definitely smooth out the tone.
Possibly a BBE Sonic Maximizer coupled w/ an attenuator...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
EMG 81 is naturally very sharp, roll down the tone and volume on your guitar a bit and boost the bass on your amp that should help a little.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Graphic EQ.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
How do you have the EQ set?

Try boosting the Bass + Mids if you havnt done so already.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!