In my school recently we've had a couple of incidents related to Facebook, a couple of weeks ago two of the kids in my school year got suspended for stating that one of the teachers in our school was homosexual, when in reality he isn't.

Just today I found out another kid is getting bollocked for saying "Jesus, mr. Coombes is pissing me the **** off" in a post on someone's wall.

I understand that the first incident could be considered public slander, but getting introuble for saying a teacher is annoying you? To be quite frank, that's completely ridiculous, and I don't think that could be considered slander.

Now don't you guys think this whole thing is a bit of a ridiculous invasion of privacy?
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
ehh yes and no how did the admins find out? only friends on face book can read each others walls correct? you my friend have a squealer
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
How is posting something on the internet for the rest of the globe to see considered in any way, shape, or form "private?"
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
How is posting something on the internet for the rest of the globe to see considered in any way, shape, or form "private?"

Not necessarily, on Facebook the profiles are private, so only friends you have accepted can see what you've written.
Quote by _Mayday_
Somehow; I thought it would be a better idea to show the bus driver my dick instead of my bus pass.
Quote by ukuleleftw
Not necessarily, on Facebook the profiles are private, so only friends you have accepted can see what you've written.

yeah, but if you know how, you CAN look at other peoples profiles, but it doesn't always work
Quote by djmay71
yeah, but if you know how, you CAN look at other peoples profiles, but it doesn't always work

you and the CIA
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by nightraven
Alek.
Mr Naughton is a homosexual
Second incident, he posted that on an EX-TEACHER's board. What did he expect? He was a dip**** and deserves what he gets, not only for saying that but for being in contact with teachers in his free time

No it's not, incident 1, they got in too much trouble than they deserved I admit. But incident two was his own fault. He was being stupid. He knew what happened before so he deserves it.

owned

next thread please
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by zapatista89
owned

next thread please

Moron, get the **** out of my thread.
Quote by _Mayday_
You have to edit your privacy settings to prevent ppl outside your friends list from seeing your wall. Otherwise the whole world can see.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
It doesn't matter if it's private or not, that kid should be able to say whatever he wants. I understand the homosexual part might be taking it too far, but that other kid should not have been suspended. I would totally fight back if that happened at our school. That is just rediculous. That's like if I go up to my friend outside of school and say, "Wow, Mr. Lingus is really pissing me off. I f--king hate that class," and then being suspended for it. If that is how things worked, then I would be suspended just about all the time.

So basically, you didnt bang a girl, because she was shocked how small it was.
Lolz @ j00 and your tiny p3n1s.

I *heart* Metal ----Violent J----
Quote by nightraven
Alek.
Second incident, he posted that on an EX-TEACHER's board. What did he expect? He was a dip**** and deserves what he gets, not only for saying that but for being in contact with teachers in his free time

No it's not, incident 1, they got in too much trouble than they deserved I admit. But incident two was his own fault. He was being stupid. He knew what happened before so he deserves it.

You fool, Mr. Naughton isn't gay.
And Mr Hernandez is just about the most relaxed teacher you'll ever see, and he doesn't even teach in our school anymore, you're just saying that 'cause you hate Alex.
Quote by _Mayday_
Quote by nightraven
Alek.
Second incident, he posted that on an EX-TEACHER's board.

what is a teacher doing on facebook anyways?
Gear nut
Quote by ukuleleftw
In my school recently we've had a couple of incidents related to Facebook, a couple of weeks ago two of the kids in my school year got suspended for stating that one of the teachers in our school was homosexual, when in reality he isn't.

Just today I found out another kid is getting bollocked for saying "Jesus, mr. Coombes is pissing me the **** off" in a post on someone's wall.

I understand that the first incident could be considered public slander, but getting introuble for saying a teacher is annoying you? To be quite frank, that's completely ridiculous, and I don't think that could be considered slander.

Now don't you guys think this whole thing is a bit of a ridiculous invasion of privacy?

Aren't the individuals posting innuendos and inflammatory opinions doing the same thing? Who's right to privacy is greater. I would say the individual being slandered has the greater right here. Those teachers are trying to practice their professions. They don't need harassment from a bunch of immature punks preventing them from doing so.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
god don't get me started on this. just wrote an essay for philosophy assessing Mill's claim for liberty of free discussion
If they accessed their own profiles from a school computer, I believe the school has every right to look at it.

If not, than I agree, major invasion of privacy.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
It isn't an invasion of privacy if he posted it on the ex-teacher's board, not his own.

At school, your free speech is not a priority. Keeping hundreds of teenagers in order while you try to teach them what they need to get jobs is.
I don't see why they're going through it. They're actually checking their students profiles to see if they've written something nasty about them? Or have I misunderstood the whole thing?
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Quote by ukuleleftw

You put it on the internet, that means it isn't private anymore.
I'm a communist. Really.