OK, i've heard so many people baggin on the Line 6 Spider III amps.

I was wondering what's wrong with them. they seem like they'd be good to me
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Ok, use the search button. There are ten threads a week from people asking why spiders/MGs suck.
To answer your question: spiders are thin, buzzy, and digital sounding.
i have a 15 watt practice one, I like it, its about as good as solid state gets
Gear nut
yeah i ask myself the same thing i have a 75 watts and its great, its not how eveyrone describes it, it can get a bit buzzy but thats why it has a sound gate or sumthing like it
''courage is not enough to forget''
Some people like it some people don't. Personally I think it's an alright amp for the price.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

dont listen to all these high and mighty metal guys who think beginners use them to hide thier poor style if you like the sound of it buy it, i have been playing 8 years and i have a spider 3 line 6 and i love the grunge tone but also its clean and reverb different amps for different people i think
fender strat
fender acoustic
line6 spider 2 150 watt
can of, rock your face off

..................you cant spell crap without rap.......................
I have a line 6 Spider 3 and its a perfectly fine amp. The digital/solid state amps are great value for the money with all the presets that are loaded and the modeling that comes with it.

Clearly a tube amp or hybrid will sound warmer/fuller/richer whatever but fun, a tone of tones and a different sound altogether you can't beat it for value.

I agree with previous posters...if you plug in and it brings a smile to your face buy it. That goes for many things in life....clearly.
Quote by Dazzl1113
I have a line 6 Spider 3 and its a perfectly fine amp. The digital/solid state amps are great value for the money with all the presets that are loaded and the modeling that comes with it.

Clearly a tube amp or hybrid will sound warmer/fuller/richer whatever but fun, a tone of tones and a different sound altogether you can't beat it for value.

I agree with previous posters...if you plug in and it brings a smile to your face buy it. That goes for many things in life....clearly.

That's exactly the thing though, they're not great value. As soon as you take a budget of, say £250, which would get you a Line 6 Spider 3 212 150w modeling amp off of GAK.

Now, we look a little harder, and we find a Peavey Valveking 112 for £280 off of GAK, which is a 50w tube amp. This 50w tube amp, will blow the line 6 out of the water. No, it doesn't have the effects to play with, but it sounds so much better. Plus you can push pedals into the Valveking, which the Spider takes really badly.

So what? I hear you say. I'm just looking for a practice amp to use in my bedroom. To which I will smile and suggest you forget getting your digital sounding Line 6 Spider 3 30w amp, and acquire yourself a Roland Cube 30X for £1 cheaper. Maybe even stretch and get yourself a Roland Cube 60X ( ) for £148 with far better effects than the Spider could manage.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I played my friends Spider III last night. It was pretty bad. The tone was very thin and lifeless, didn't really have "balls", and overall made the guitar sound a lot worse.

I seriously thought I had gotten WORSE at guitar until I got home and played on my XXX.
aside from the points brought up in this thread, ill just add use the search button cause there is a lot of stuff on this. feel free to post in one of the older threads on this exact same topic.