Okay i know that rectification is the changing of an AC current into a DC but i was wondering how this is applied in Mesa's Dual and Triple rectifiers and what it means by that?

I would venture to guess that it changes it back and forth a couple times to further distort the signal.. but I don't really know.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I really have no idea, all I know is they rock. >_>

Saturday, The Cult came around playing Mesa Boogie Triple Recto's.

Wow. Just wow. All there is to it, Mesa = best.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
It's switchable between valves and Solid State. They have different tone and characteristics, quite simply.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Tube rectifiers can't always handle the amount of current when you, say, dime your amp and hit a huge chord. What happens then is 'sag,' where you actually hear the rectifier tube catching up with the amp. It sounds like the note is 'blooming,' where the initial attack is slightly compressed and then the note gets louder as the rectifier catches up.
So that's background. The point behind the extra rectifiers is that with an amp that large, you pretty much have to have one rectifier per pair of power tubes so that the thing doesn't sag too much.
Its a cross between what Roc8995 said and what MrCarrot said. The dual and triple rectos have a selection of solid state (faster, harder hitting) rectifiers and tube (exactly what Roc said) rectifiers.
Isn't it just a name? Someone made a thread on melband awhile back asking why they had 2 or 3 rectifiers :S
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this