Hey for this contest I really need to know what the first version of the Gibson SG was called. I've searched the internet and just I've just come up with the answer: Gibson SG. XD Is this correct? Please reply soon.
The first SG's has Les Paul's name on it because it was supposed to be his signature. He hated it and ditched it for the eventually-made LP.
The SG was supposed to be a an improved version of the LP because the double cutaway made it easier to play the higher notes
Quote by Bevruchting
Hey for this contest I really need to know what the first version of the Gibson SG was called. I've searched the internet and just I've just come up with the answer: Gibson SG. XD Is this correct? Please reply soon.

Let me guess, the competition in Gitarist?

Anyway, as said above, it was supposed to be the new Les Paul signature model, but he didn't like it, so they had to change the name.

The guitar was launched in '61, after the original Les Paul had been having a bad year, but because Les himself thought the neck joint wasn't strong enough, his name was officially removed in the same year (although they used a name plate saying 'Les Paul' until 1963).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I have yet to come across a better username.

Wait, a new competition? Does that mean I didn't win the Dano Pro?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I have yet to come across a better username.

Wait, a new competition? Does that mean I didn't win the Dano Pro?

Thanks

As for the competition, I seem to recall that the SG's first name contest was from Gitarist.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Thanks

As for the competition, I seem to recall that the SG's first name contest was from Gitarist.

I think he meant the TS. I looked up what it meant and it meant Fecundation
Quote by sunnysayshi
I think he meant the TS. I looked up what it meant and it meant Fecundation