hey i just want to know if the Roland Cube 30 is a tube amp or not.
NO website will will tell me,
thx
Quote by maca-venagas
k thx ill probably just stick to getting the awesoemo valvetronix 50
Well, that depends on what you're looking for in an amp.
If you play a lot of metal (anything with high gain really), go for the cube.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Grönis
Well, that depends on what you're looking for in an amp.
If you play a lot of metal (anything with high gain really), go for the cube.

i play heavy stuff, and i went for the valvetronix. the nu metal setting is very gainy.
Quote by TehJermie
i play heavy stuff, and i went for the valvetronix. the nu metal setting is very gainy.
Well, i guess it's a matter of opinion, i just feel that the cubes are better suited for the heavier stuff. Though the valvetronix is a damn good amp for the price too.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
yeah no ive already decided on the valvetronix for my style, but i saw the cube at a good price and thought it might have been full tube, which wouldve got me to buy it.
but yeah even tho i dont play metal ive heard some hi gain samples and they sound pretty damn good for a reasonably cheap amp.
i bought a vox valvetron two days ago from guitarcenter. took it home, messed around with it, and then returned it for a peavey classic 30. Was not impressed with the vox once so ever.
yeah the XLs are too hi gain for me.

im a hard rock/grunge man.
so the standard AD series will do fine.
Although im not sure if ppl will be buying the new XL over amps like Cubes,
even tho they are tube powered the cubes seem to have one the heart of the metal community.
Well those Voxes you've mentioned aren't all tube. They have a tube, which ends up being pretty redundant...Not bad amps, though.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Well those Voxes you've mentioned aren't all tube. They have a tube, which ends up being pretty redundant...Not bad amps, though.

explain the redundancy.
yeah i know they are not all tube.
which means the one tube in them will not be worked as hard, which means it wont need to be replaced os often as a full tube.
So yeah, i dont get the redundancy either.
The valvtronix's really seem like a great sounding long lasting durable fairly cheap amp (exept all that input jack stuff)
Quote by TehJermie
explain the redundancy.

Well they don't give 'true' tube tone, do they?

And I didn't say they were completely redundant, I said they were pretty redundant. If the Vox technology of having that tube reconfigure itself to amp models, they would have made better/serious use of it by now.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Well they don't give 'true' tube tone, do they?

And I didn't say they were completely redundant, I said they were pretty redundant. If the Vox technology of having that tube reconfigure itself to amp models, they would have made better/serious use of it by now.

they are what they are. its a good step into digital and hybrid technology. half the reason why they dont sound "amazing" from the shop is that not as much care goes into those little amps as they do for most tube amps. oh yeah, the speakers SUCK. if youve heard the higher end line of the valvetronixes, they are very nice amps. i dont feel its redundant at all, just my opinion though.
Quote by TehJermie
they are what they are. its a good step into digital and hybrid technology. half the reason why they dont sound "amazing" from the shop is that not as much care goes into those little amps as they do for most tube amps. oh yeah, the speakers SUCK. if youve heard the higher end line of the valvetronixes, they are very nice amps. i dont feel its redundant at all, just my opinion though.

Well, there we go, they do a good job, I'm not refuting that. But it'd be interesting to see Vox make more use of the hybrid idea.
Quote by maca-venagas

Although im not sure if ppl will be buying the new XL over amps like Cubes,
even tho they are tube powered the cubes seem to have one the heart of the metal community.

I chose the XL over the Cube and I'm very happy with the amp....
I'd go with the cube.

Roland makes GREAT SS amps, and I've found that most of the time an SS will get you br00talz better than a tube so long as you're paying under $400 for it. After that, tube all the way.

Hell, cube 30X. $229, I'm getting my epi valve stack for about that price. The cube's a much better amp in terms of tone range and quality, I just want the epi so I can experiment with tubes and mod it later. I already have a spider III for an SS.

All in all, I'd go with the Cube. It's a legend amongst low-cost SS amps. The valvetronix, not so much. Were the valvetronix all tube, I'd go for it, but hybrids dont really do it for me.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.