Ive got a cheap acoustic bass (£80) but it has the worst fret rattle and i mean it is really bad, I can't change the action on it cos it is a fixed bridge, would you recommed buying a new bridge, would this help the problem?
Fret rattle to me is usually the product of a too-tight truss rod, not the bridge (especially if it's near the nut). However, if the saddle is too low, you should replace the saddle, not the bridge.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
i'll look into it but i get the rattle on every fret and every string
Then that sounds like a truss rod issue - with too-low action, most of the fretting out happens at the end of the neck.

Press the first and last fret at the same time and look at the string height near the 6-8th fret. If there's none at all, your neck needs loosening.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
To be honest, the problem proberbly is it is a £80 acoustic bass. You need to pay alot of money for one that dosn't suck. Just but some Roundwounds and play through some effects pedals.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!