i fail to see the problem..
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Vox AD30VT
looks fine to me... are you worried about the string tree?
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
not seeing one either...
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
I also can't see a problem.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
looks fine to me
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
ummm.....yeah no problem.
do u realise ur guitar has little metal threader things (dont know what they are called)
on it that the strings get threaded through, thus creating an angled line??
Can u not see that??
or maybe we are all missing something.
i dont know
he's talking about the machinehead,its a bit protruding outwards from the wood than the others,
but i dunno if thats normal or not,
Quote by Alijonroth
he's talking about the machinehead,its a bit protruding outwards from the wood than the others,

Yah I see it, defiantly not normal!
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Alijonroth

Yes, thats right, maybe I should've taken a better picture but the flash from the camera made i difficult.
Quote by maca-venagas
ummm.....yeah no problem.
do u realise ur guitar has little metal threader things (dont know what they are called)
on it that the strings get threaded through, thus creating an angled line??
Can u not see that??
or maybe we are all missing something.
i dont know

Yea, i know, I'm not talking about the strings though, sorry if the pointers made it confusing. It's the machinehead that makes me worry.
Tighten the screw that fastens the bottom part of the tuner to the top, it'll be on the back of the headstock. Make sure you loosen your strings to slack first though, or just remove them entirely.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I've only had the machineheads slightly come out on my first piece of sh*t electric. Any guitar that is better than complete crap has machineheads that stay put.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by Dardarian
I've only had the machineheads slightly come out on my first piece of sh*t electric. Any guitar that is better than complete crap has machineheads that stay put.

That's strange, mine is an original fender telecaster.
He's probably referring to the string trees on the actual headstock, they're perfectly normal, they just help to keep your high string in line and at a decent action as well.
Quote by trampo
That's strange, mine is an original fender telecaster.

Seriously? Perhaps you should contact Fender, something like this shouldn't happen to a good guitar.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

The actual tuner peg looks like its shifted up and forward, but that could be from the tension moving it forward due to the nut being loose and thus not keeping it in place. Try tightening the nut on the tuner without tension on it. If it won't get any tighter or move, I would say you've got a problem with the tuner, but I would think if the peg was shifting up and out, the tuner would backlashing a lot.
Quote by Dardarian
Seriously? Perhaps you should contact Fender, something like this shouldn't happen to a good guitar.

Yea, maybe I should, this makes me quite angry.
Quote by Instrumetal
Tighten the screw that fastens the bottom part of the tuner to the top, it'll be on the back of the headstock. Make sure you loosen your strings to slack first though, or just remove them entirely.

Quote by CJRocker
The actual tuner peg looks like its shifted up and forward, but that could be from the tension moving it forward due to the nut being loose and thus not keeping it in place. Try tightening the nut on the tuner without tension on it. If it won't get any tighter or move, I would say you've got a problem with the tuner, but I would think if the peg was shifting up and out, the tuner would backlashing a lot.

Alright, I'll check it out.
I don't know if it is actually very bad for your guitar since I'm not an expert on machineheads-that-come-out, but I guess they could eventually move out even further since this shows they aren't attached properly. And even if it turns out not to pose a real threat to your guitar, it still shouldn't have happend on a real fender.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Quote by trampo
Yea, maybe I should, this makes me quite angry.

When you say Original, do you mean Vintage? If so Fender is going to say something along the lines oh "Blah blah we can't fix it due to expired warranty and they weren't meant to last that long blah blah but heres what we think is going on"
Quote by Dardarian
I don't know if it is actually very bad for your guitar since I'm not an expert on machineheads-that-come-out, but I guess they could eventually move out even further since this shows they aren't attached properly. And even if it turns out not to pose a real threat to your guitar, it still shouldn't have happend on a real fender.

Well, belive it or not, it happened and it was a real fender, her she is: *proof :P* http://www.rymdblomman.se/slashtemp/tele.jpg
Quote by CJRocker
When you say Original, do you mean Vintage? If so Fender is going to say something along the lines oh "Blah blah we can't fix it due to expired warranty and they weren't meant to last that long blah blah but heres what we think is going on"

No, by original i mean the brand, i bought it new, oh, about a year ago.
I didn't doubt that it was a real Fender you were talking about, sorry if I gave you that impression.

I was just suprised it happend
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Quote by Dardarian
I didn't doubt that it was a real Fender you were talking about, sorry if I gave you that impression.

I was just suprised it happend

Sorry, I guess I'm more mad with Fender.
I hate repeating myself, but there is a string tree/retainer at the end of the Fender logo, it helps to keep the action a bit lower and keeps the higher 2 strings in line with the peg.

It's perfectly normal, lots of guitar have the retainers.

On the first picture, the strings he is referring to are actually behind the machine head in question.
Quote by trampo
No, by original i mean the brand, i bought it new, oh, about a year ago.

Ah, alright. Try tightening the tuner nut like I said. If you take the string off, and it has a lot a play on the peg, you need to tighten the nut for sure. That said, even with that nut night, there will still be some play in it, but that should be minimal.
before trying to tighten the tuner, u'll want to release the tension on that string.

some tuning pegs have a nut on the front, but some dont, instead are just connected buy a couple of small screws on the back.
like said these need to be checked.

yes, that's a problem. u'll have less stable tuning on that string and eventually worn parts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
I hate repeating myself, but there is a string tree/retainer at the end of the Fender logo, it helps to keep the action a bit lower and keeps the higher 2 strings in line with the peg.

It's perfectly normal, lots of guitar have the retainers.

On the first picture, the strings he is referring to are actually behind the machine head in question.

Have you even read the thread?
Quote by CJRocker
Ah, alright. Try tightening the tuner nut like I said. If you take the string off, and it has a lot a play on the peg, you need to tighten the nut for sure. That said, even with that nut night, there will still be some play in it, but that should be minimal.

My english is a bit off, can you explain what you mean with the tuner nut?
oh i just foresaw something,if you dont do something about it,
the machinehead could slowly protrude more and more till it comes out suddenly by the string tension and "plionk!" on your forehead,many fine guitarists died that way!
lol j/k that could never happen,not to your forehead anyway!
Quote by trampo
My english is a bit off, can you explain what you mean with the tuner nut?

He doesn't mean anything, because your tuners are held by press-fit ferrules, not a nut. At least, trht's what I'm guessing. Modern tuners have threads at the front that allows it to be held tightly in the tuner holes with a hex-nut, but your problem seems to be that the press-fit ferrule itself is coming out. It can be fixed, but if you can't work out the solution yourself, I'll assume you're not experienced enough to do it.