Right guys
I was sick of not having any money so i went into GAME to get an application for a job, and was astonished to be given one on the spot. Im not sure what my hours will be but im pretty sure ill be working a few weeknights and also saturday / friday nights aswell.
i was unfortunate to be greeted by a phone call from my maths teacher when i returned with the good news who is convinced that im failing the a - level maths course when i think im actually getting better. My parents freaked and they now want me to study loads every night.
Thats not a problem, i can and will do that for my own benifit. But i also need some lesiure time for guitar and also time for the odd night out etc.

My question to the pit is do you guys have any tips for juggling all these things, not overdoing one and underdoing the other, because im a renowned lazy ****, who only makes effort when im playing my sport. It will be hard to keep everything balanced and running smoothly. Some advice on how to would be nice, as this is my 1st time having a work load so big and also my 1st job ( im 17). thanks guys.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Sometimes with life you just have to work your ass off all the time. It's just the way it goes. But if you really do have some time, even if it's rare, do what you want to do the most. As I said, sometimes in life, you just have to constantly work to get anywhere.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
I manage it. Sometimes i work on Friday/Saturday nights and stuff but i make the sacrifice in order to earn money. The trick is, get all your school work done as soon as possible when you have to do some and you're not working. Don't over do it with the work. Also, try not to let it all take over your life.
^^^ i Do my schoolwork mostly in free periods, and my parents give me **** because they dont see me doing any at home. I really shouldnt be doing the bare minmum anyway,so i will start doing some at home. I just dont want to risk loosing the fun in my life, because they are determined to makemeworkaorund 3 hours per night or so!! Also my guitar playing and music undestanding might suffer! arghhhhh!!! :O

But yeah it will be hard,hopefully ill get used to it.

Quote by Doobergn
Whats a jopb?

An integral part of life.
Gear:
Last edited by x0rsist at Nov 6, 2007,
^ Sometimes, i find myself getting home from work about 11 and staying up until 2-3am to finish some schoolwork...
Ahh but therin lies one of my main concerns.I stay up late to do work aswell and i end up sleeping in school. Thats not what im after,i want to be awake in school to understand the material, and then complete the learning at home. Maybe i cant have my cake and eat it though.
Gear:
im exatly the same way haha, im only hard working if it's for sports, or some other type of team effort.

what i do is:

i set my alaram clock about 2 hours before i have to actually be a school. spend 1 of those hours doing all of my homework. what i dont finish i do in my 1st period class. I work at my job as much as i possibly can. as soon as i get out of school i go hang out until around 6:30, then i screw around on the net til around 8, study ( no homework just reading and what not) til 10, call my gf talk to her til around 12. start some of my homework, finish the rest when i wake up
Lots of doing maths never really helps unless you know how the formulas and stuff work and just need to memorize them. If you're failing, I'll assume that's not the case, and I'd reccomend finding someone who you know are good at explaining things and let him/her do that.
I'm a communist. Really.
yeah man I work alot now, 35 hours this week.
I go to highschool N stuff
Sure it's a bitch to balance, but put it in this order, Work, School work, Guitar , Then maybe friends.

Money> Everything.
Cancer.
Im not exactly failing,i mean grasp the concept of the stuff in class then i usually forget it and ddo **** in a class test. And i also am rather in the habit of not finishing homework (all my own faultlike), and its attracted alot of attention id rather not have. I have a bad concentration, ive been like that all my life, though on the contrary i have intellectual ability to understand, i just dont remember because i dont do enough questions to lock the stuff in.Im changing that and doing work now, but also starting a job at the same time...i dont know if i can handle it all properly. Jus wanted a few tips. aand a lil advice. I have a damn good social life as well and thats one thing im not keen on loosing. I need money though
Gear:
Quote by x0rsist
Right guys
I was sick of not having any money so i went into GAME to get an application for a job, and was astonished to be given one on the spot.

Youuuuu lucky bastard!!!!! I was jobhunting for months!!!

That is all.
Quote by Vermintide
Youuuuu lucky bastard!!!!! I was jobhunting for months!!!

That is all.

Yah boo sucks to you!!

*puts thumb on nose and wiggles fingers at you while sticking out tongue*
Gear:
Work hard at college, if you have free periods try and do your homework/coursework then as you have the added benefit of being close to help should you need it. Therefore when you get home you have one less thing to worry about.

Revise for about 10-30 mins before you go to bed, every day.

Prioritise your commitments. So you might have to stay in for a couple of nights in order to get some work done, but your friends should be supporting and understand, if not, then it's their loss.

DO NOT try to get out of work because your deadline is the next day, your boss won't be too happy.
Likewise don't use your job as an excuse.
If I can find time to do 5 AS levels, go dancing 3 times a week, have a sunday job and still maintain a social life (bearing in mind dancing can sometimes take up my whole weekend)
I'm sure you'lll manage.

Failing that, attempt as much as you can, then go to your teacher in the morning/before class saying you don't understand what you've been given to do and you need help. They'll practically do it for you.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

nice^

I have to get out of my old habits.i m wayy too lazy..i might have to cut down on my rugby too

Prioritising seems to be the way to go. I also have resits to do this year. I guess less guitar more work then.
Gear:
Quote by x0rsist
nice^

I have to get out of my old habits.i m wayy too lazy..i might have to cut down on my rugby too

Prioritising seems to be the way to go. I also have resits to do this year. I guess less guitar more work then.

Rugby is one of your commitments.
You can't cut it down!
It's rugby!
The only sport I enjoy watching....
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Rugby is one of your commitments.
You can't cut it down!
It's rugby!
The only sport I enjoy watching....

whys that then?
Yeah but have yo ever played a full 80 minute game??probably not you are a girl. I mean i want to sleep the rest of the day after a hard game! And i usually spend half of it in a massage chair! Not much room for work :P
Gear: