I'm going to keep this as brief as possible because my last thread was waaay too long.

Fuzz: USA Big Muff vs. Russian vs. Graphic Fuzz

Tuner: Planet Waves Pedal (True Bypass) vs. ???

Noise pedal (could eventually get both): Moog Ring Mod(with exp. pedal) vs. some other moog.... vs. something else

Chorus: Small Clone vs. Visual Sound H20 vs. ???

Boost(probobly won't need it): MXR Micro Amp vs. Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster

Wah: Try to get a WH-10 vs. Ernie Ball Wah? vs. ???

MOST IMPORTANT: Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue vs. ???

I play: FUNK FUNK FUNK, Jazz (think Scofield), some blues (think John Mayer), classic rock (think stones, stuff like that), lots of RHCP(old and new), some incubus(old and some new), and nothing much harder than that. A clean sound is most important to me because of what I play, but also because I can get any OD or fuzz I want for the distorted sound.

Also, can someone tell me what effects going on during this Me and My Friends solo? Not the wah or fuzz, but it sounds like theres some chorus or something going there too. The solo starts right when the video starts.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eG-CrGdTmhI

Thanks a lot, Ketchup

EDIT: I forgot to say. I was in a band, but we stopped playing full time. However, we still write and perform sometimes. I'm also with my school's performing jazz band, and I do one time gigs with other people some times.
Last edited by KetchupLad14 at Nov 6, 2007,
the RHCP solo, I think he has a light phaser and a wah in full force that he uses mainly the treble side for.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
oh and BIG TIME NO TO THE DELUXE REVERB! Let me preface this by saying I've owned at least a dozen fender amps over the year, and loved them all....except this one. The amp has no character, its a glorified practice amp for $800. Also, 22W just doesn't cut it, I wanted clean tones that could get dirty depending on my picking (so no twin). I thought the deluxe reverb was the answer... hell no. Get a blues deluxe, hot rod deluxe or deville. Or a hiwatt if you have the cash.
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
haha, and you can probably guess my opinion on the chorus pedal!
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
Fuzz - Sweet Sound Monteray Fuzz
Tuner - Peterson Strobostomp
Chorus - H20
Boost - Bad Bob
wah (if you can afford a WH-10 you can afford any of these)- Teese Picture wah, modded V847, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

now for the amp, i havent had much luck getting a convincing Scofield tone, i play a hollowbody through but cant really get it. If jazz is your main genre how about a Jazz Chorus? that'll eliminate your chorus needs too.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by handlerb
oh and BIG TIME NO TO THE DELUXE REVERB! Let me preface this by saying I've owned at least a dozen fender amps over the year, and loved them all....except this one. The amp has no character, its a glorified practice amp for $800. Also, 22W just doesn't cut it, I wanted clean tones that could get dirty depending on my picking (so no twin). I thought the deluxe reverb was the answer... hell no. Get a blues deluxe, hot rod deluxe or deville. Or a hiwatt if you have the cash.

Really? I haven't heard that before. I tried out (I think) a Blues Deluxe and it was really nice, but I didn't get to crank it. So who knows.

Quote by handlerb
the RHCP solo, I think he has a light phaser and a wah in full force that he uses mainly the treble side for.

I'll try a phaser, I hadn't thought of that.

Quote by igotabcrich32
Fuzz - Sweet Sound Monteray Fuzz
Tuner - Peterson Strobostomp
Chorus - H20
Boost - Bad Bob
wah (if you can afford a WH-10 you can afford any of these)- Teese Picture wah, modded V847, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

now for the amp, i havent had much luck getting a convincing Scofield tone, i play a hollowbody through but cant really get it. If jazz is your main genre how about a Jazz Chorus? that'll eliminate your chorus needs too.

Jazz is not my main focus, and I'm pretty certain I want to go tube. I don't think the JC will be able to handle rock and funk rock, so I'm gunna stick with tube.
I don't really want to spend $200 on the tuner. I like the planet waves one because it's true bypass.
I like the WH-10 because of it's sound, and I'm not much into modding. I've tried a Fulltone Standard though, and it was really really nice. How do you think it can handle OD/Fuzz?

ATTENTION:Also this reminds me: For price ranges, the amp I'm getting as a gift, so it should be around the same price as the Deluxe Reverb. As for the rest, I can save up for a while, so as long as it isn't ridiculous, I'll try it out.

Thanks so much,
BCrich gave me great ideas, but if anyone else has any suggestions, this is my last bump and then I'll NEVER ASK ABOUT THIS STUFF AGAIN!!!@#!$%@!#~@!!!!Q!1WDS12475452ELEVEDYUNOONE112331!!!
fender twin
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I own a Deluxe Reverb, and I love the sound of the amp. But, IMHO, it's not a gigging amp. I believe my son's Palomino V16 is louder. It's a shame, because the sound is awesome. Best cleans going.

I'd probably suggest something like the Peavey Delta Blues 115. Great amp. Less money than the DRRI, but more power. Has reverb and tremolo on board, just like the DRRI. Awesome cleans in it's own right, a real full bodied sound. I think it would do everything your looking for brilliantly. Also worth looking into Traynor amps, either the YCV 40 or 50. They also have excellent cleans to them, but better crunch than the Fender Hot Rods and such.

I prefer a more vintage fuzz to what you're looking at. Maybe a Fulltone '69 or '70. I have an Analogman Sun Lion which is a vintage fuzz on one side of the pedal, and a treble boost on the other. It's a miraculous pedal, and would cover two of your needs. It's expensive, so it'd better.

Can't go wrong with either of the chorus pedals you're looking at.

I love the Vox V847A wah.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
I own a Deluxe Reverb, and I love the sound of the amp. But, IMHO, it's not a gigging amp. I believe my son's Palomino V16 is louder. It's a shame, because the sound is awesome. Best cleans going.

I'd probably suggest something like the Peavey Delta Blues 115. Great amp. Less money than the DRRI, but more power. Has reverb and tremolo on board, just like the DRRI. Awesome cleans in it's own right, a real full bodied sound. I think it would do everything your looking for brilliantly. Also worth looking into Traynor amps, either the YCV 40 or 50. They also have excellent cleans to them, but better crunch than the Fender Hot Rods and such.

I prefer a more vintage fuzz to what you're looking at. Maybe a Fulltone '69 or '70. I have an Analogman Sun Lion which is a vintage fuzz on one side of the pedal, and a treble boost on the other. It's a miraculous pedal, and would cover two of your needs. It's expensive, so it'd better.

Can't go wrong with either of the chorus pedals you're looking at.

I love the Vox V847A wah.

(High fives for being so helpful) Thanks a ton. I'll keep all that in mind.
Oh, one final question.

I've also been looking at AC30s, and while I don't really think they're for me, I thought I'd ask.

What's better? An AC30 with the standard speakers or the AC15 with the Alcino Blues speaker?

Thanks a ton.
^ The AC30, definitely. The alnico blue is a great speaker, but get the better amp first. You could always upgrade to the blues down the road. I have the AC30CC1. Probably the most overlooked model in the AC30 family, and it's still fantastic.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I have the planet waves tuner. I recommended it completely. Looks cool and is easy to use. Yeah, it's true bypass. It makes some funny sounds when daisychaned if engaged during high gain, but I bet the ISP decimater I am getting will fix that.

Small clone has good chorus sounds but is not super tweakable. It's good enough for what I'm using it for though so I'm happy.