alright im having trouble alternate picking when i change from one string to the other
when im pickin somethings ill get 2 strokes instead of one cuz im not doing it ecomony so is there any good excerizes i can do thats not ecomony that will help? i can pick on one string kinda fast but i cant change strings without it sounding bad and theres doesnt seem to be any lessons that help with this to much
look up paul gilberts intense rock lessons. thats what started me on alternate picking. one of the licks in there is like:

e:------------------12--------
b:--12---13---15---15---13

the picking would go down, up, down, up, down, up. cycle the lick over and over with a metrenome. make sure you dont make any mistakes by starting off real slow and working up speed.
Last edited by frankieD2989 at Nov 6, 2007,
play really slowly until it becomes second nature to keep that picking pattern. then speed it up bit by bit.

exaggerate the motion if you need to, but try to minimize the movement over time.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
well what should i do on the 12 note on the e string should i go up or down? how do some of you pick this? and other riffs similer to this

Quote by metalmetalhead
well what should i do on the 12 note on the e string should i go up or down? how do some of you pick this? and other riffs similer to this

Start the lick with a down stroke just so you get the feeling of the new string changing technique (economy picking would do a downstoke so you might as well do an upstroke)

but when you're learning a part of a song try it both ways to see which is more convenient/comfortable for you.

so go:

D  U  D  U  D  U
        ^ ^
string changes
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.