Hi. I'm playing out of a Marshall 100 watt mg dfx but the channel switch is starting to give out so I'm thinking of getting a new amp. I play anything from classic rock to indie to heavy metal. I was thinking of getting either the marshall avt150 combo, which is about the same price as the mg, or maybe a fender 1000 dyna touch. Please advise about them, or what you would recommend instead of either.

Thanks.
imo the AVT has way too much bass but if you lower the EQ then your sound gets too thin
ohai little sig.
Neither.

They wouldn't be much of an improvement over your MG, and I doubt that you would need a 100 watt amp.

What kind of music do you play, and what is your budget?
i have an avt150... go for that i say
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
"No" is what you'll hear from everyone on here. For less than $700, you could get a Peavey Windsor or Valveking heads, a Crate V33 head, a used 5150 combo, a few Traynors, a couple diferent B-52's, and mabye even a used Mesa F30 or F50.

All tube, all very powerfull, all more tonefull than anything you listed.
what styles of music do you play?

getting the avt would basically be like getting a new mg that looks different haha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I play a lot of metallica, led zeppelin, acdc, ozzy osbourne, red hot chilli peppers, bloc party, arctic monkeys, etc. I want to get an amp that has good distortion. I normally use the amp distortion for rhythm and then my boss metal zone for lead. Is there any way i can improve the amp's distortion by changing parts? My budget is about €400 to €500. (sorry i dont know what that is in dollars)
An MG and a Metal Zone. Mmm.

Quote by Danmcp90
I want to get an amp that has good distortion.

Don't we all? The "best" distortion (usually!) comes from a tube amp with the volume (not the gain or master volume) as high as feasible, working the power tubes harder, and producing a very rich, full distortion.

Quote by Danmcp90
Is there any way i can improve the amp's distortion by changing parts? My budget is about €400 to €500. (sorry i dont know what that is in dollars)

On an MG? No. That best use you can get out of that amp head, to be frank, is to sell it on Craigslist or Ebay. With a tube amp, you could put different brands of tubes in for subtle changes in tone, but modding most solid state amps is a waste of time and parts.

Slats, come help this guy.
have a look at these then.

laney VC30 and LC30
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc30-212/378
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-30-ii/382

peavey classic 30
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-classic-30/446

i'm not too good with good values in europe though ha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by the.spine.surfs
"No" is what you'll hear from everyone on here. For less than $700, you could get a Peavey Windsor or Valveking heads, a Crate V33 head, a used 5150 combo, a few Traynors, a couple diferent B-52's, and mabye even a used Mesa F30 or F50.

All tube, all very powerfull, all more tonefull than anything you listed.

+1
You can do much better than an avt. I tried a smaller Fender amp w/ dyna touch about a year ago & it was well, just weird. So, no to that. Used 5150 combo or Mesa would be great ways to go.
Edit: I forgot TS is in Europe. Mesa=too much $$$$
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Nov 6, 2007,
gh50l for £399? didn't even see that... what a deal!
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

exactly. i'm just happy for you guys across the pond haha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Also check out a used JCM800, you should be able to get one.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009