Hey guys,

My main axe is a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser and about a month ago i fitted it with elixir 9's. Though yeah the strings feel quite tight and there hard to bend or perform any vibrato on. Is this something to do with the action? Anyone whos played my guitar comments on the tightness too. Im gonna restring soon so im looking for some tips on how to correct it.

Thanks alot!
Its quite low, strings seem nice to press. Someone at university told me the reason there tight was cus id wound it round at the top twice :S
I thought it was something to do with the setup cus surely different strings wudnt change the bending much etc..
Standard strings on Schecter Hellraisers are GHS .10s. At least, that's what they're supposed to come with from the factory. I would think bends would be easier with .09s. Coating or action (unless it's terribly high) shouldn't make bending harder.

Admittedly, my first thought was... Is it tuned properly?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Yeah checked it with a tuner. Its weird... Some guy at uni said it was because id wound it round the tuning peg twice :S