Hey people. I already know how to change my strings. I done it 7 times already. Go D'Addario. Anyway, I think the way I'm changing my strings may cause a problem to my guitar. Whenever my strings rust and lose tone I just losen all of them and cut them all and then remove all fo them. Then I put in the new strings one by one. Would that cause any problems to the neck? thanks.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
If you have all the strings off the guitar at once, that can release some of the tension in the neck and cause problems to the intonation. It's better to remove and replace strings one by one for that reason. But it shouldn't be too much of a problem yet if you didn't have all the strings off the guitar for a long time. But next time, I would advise that each time you take a string off, you replace it before taking the next string off.
Last edited by Benzie101 at Nov 27, 2012,
phew! I was reading this once in a magazine (not Guitar World) That if you change remove all of your strings all at once and put in new ones It will cause problems.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by SixStringSavior
nope...but uhh...why exactly do you do it that way? its a little odd. lol invest in a peg winder my man.
I dont know. lol.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by Benzie101
If you have all the strings off the guitar at once, that can release some of the tension in the neck and cause problems to the intonation. It's better to remove and replace strings one by one for that reason. But it shouldn't be too much of a problem yet if you didn't have all the strings off the guitar for a long time. But next time, I would advise that each time you take a string off, you replace it before taking the next string off.

+1
Quote by Benzie101
Well I guess I'll have to start changing my strings that way then. Thanks.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by MetallicGod07
phew! I was reading this once in a magazine (not Guitar World) That if you change remove all of your strings all at once and put in new ones It will cause problems.

thats bull**** it dosent cause problems, ive changed my strings like that for 2 years on my guitars and the neck and everything on them is just like new. Also i know a guy who has played guitar for literly 36 years and he has always changed his strings like that and he is classicly trained at guitar so I am right it dosen't cause problems

MetallicGod07 you should throw your magazine away and never get it again
Quote by Benzie101

well..that usually only happens when you let your guitar sit for a long period of time..only momentarly it should be fine. good point though.
Quote by Dgretsch892
thats bull**** it dosent cause problems, ive changed my strings like that for 2 years on my guitars and the neck and everything on them is just like new. Also i know a guy who has played guitar for literly 36 years and he has always changed his strings like that and he is classicly trained at guitar so I am right it dosen't cause problems

lol I dont own it. I was reading it at the mall. I have Guitar World Magazine though. They know there stuff. No Bull**** in there.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by SixStringSavior
well..that usually only happens when you let your guitar sit for a long period of time..only momentarly it should be fine. good point though.
well it takes me 5-10 minuets to change all of them. I clean my fretboard to get rid of all the grim on my frets. So thats why i spend a little more extra time. And I polish the body while the strings are off. So will that cause the neck to lose tension?
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by Dgretsch892

Thats a little narrowminded thinking my friend...

I would change them one at a time. It probally wont mess up your guitar, but if it does, then you saved your self a neck job.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Quote by Dgretsch892

ok well ill direct you to read the string changing thread in this section, where for about 2 years ive tried to help new guys set up their guitar because they took all the strings off at once.

IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SET UP A GUITAR. SWAP ONE STRING AT A TIME.

1. bridges shift or fall off.
2. trem cavities need to be adjusted
3. necks can relx

will any of these things break ur guitar? no.

will you know how to get rid of the fretbuzz you pick up as a result? i dont know.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011