So I got my first bass about 2 years ago... a starter pack that included a 2 octave Brownsville bass guitar and a 35 Watt Guitar Research Amp (sounds great by the way.)
About 5 months after getting this pack... I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and my parents surprised me with a new bass. Its brand is also Guitar Research. I recently tried to find the companies website to look at some of their products... but i can't find anything.

Did they go out of business?
Was it a good, respectable company?
Ill post a pic up soon of the bass and amp
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Was the amp and basses purchased from Sam Ash? I'm not certain but I think Guitar Research and Brownsville are in house Sam Ash brands.
yes, they were both purchased at samash
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Heres the pic
After a bit of research, they are Sam Ash in house brands. (Brownsville guitars were named after the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, where Sam Ash had his first store).

I wish I could give you more info than that, but I don't have any personal experience with either their guitars or basses.
yes Guitar Research is a sam ash brand. I got a hard case by Guitar Research at sam ash.