On my Jackson DKMG, I am able to pull on one of the tone knobs, raise it off the guitar about an 8th of an inch, and change my sound. I don't really use it, but it essentially just gives me a slightly more "empty" tone with about three times more hissing from my amp.

Just wondering, what is that?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by icedog41
its a coil tap bro.

Wrong. Does it have EMG HZs? If so, that 3rd kob is not an Tone at all. ITs a JAckson Turbocharger/EMG Afterburner.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Haha, lul means dick in dutch...

God damn, Wouter, grow the fvck up.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by CJRocker
Wrong. Does it have EMG HZs? If so, that 3rd kob is not an Tone at all. ITs a JAckson Turbocharger/EMG Afterburner.

Ive got a DXMG with HZs on it but it doesnt have a 3rd knob. It switches up the same way as the TS though, any idea what mine is?
Quote by Green_Jelly
God damn, Wouter, grow the fvck up.

Says he who feels the need to call himself 'buitenwipper'.

Quote by thefrigginbob
Ive got a DXMG with HZs on it but it doesnt have a 3rd knob. It switches up the same way as the TS though, any idea what mine is?

First of all, Beagles kickass!

Anyway, I'm not too familiar with the Jackson circuits, but it sounds like a coil tap to me, also because the Jackson spec shett doesn't say anything about an afterburner.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by thefrigginbob

I am not 100% on the the DXMG, but I believe it omits the tone pot for the turbocharger.
Quote by CJRocker
I am not 100% on the the DXMG, but I believe it omits the tone pot for the turbocharger.

Nope, it's just master tone and master volume.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Nope, it's just master tone and master volume.

HZs don't coil tap though. Also, if you're looking at the new spec sheet, that would lead to the confusion, as last year they over hauled the electronics on the MG series.
Well I just remembered that the previous owner had changed the pots. So I guess its something he added which is why its not on the spec sheet on Jackson's site. I really havn't played with it that much because I didnt realize it was there untill I got my guitar set-up at a shop and the knob was up when it came back.
It really sounds like a coil tap to me. I don't know much about jackson, but on most guitars when the tone nob lifts off its a coil tap.
Quote by The Charm
It really sounds like a coil tap to me. I don't know much about jackson, but on most guitars when the tone nob lifts off its a coil tap.

Which does what?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
Which does what?

Its a gain boost. That would be whats making it all fizzy and noisey sounding. Coil tap does not equal fizzy.
..also, it would be either be a coil SPLIT or a series/parallel switch, a coil tap is different.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com