Can anyone tell me if there are any musicians that didn't start playing when they were really young? I would really like to go into the music industry, but I always get frustrated because I feel like I don't know a lot. I've been playing guitar for 7 months and violin for 6 years. I know scales and chords and how to read music. My dad says I learn faster than anyone he's ever seen but I don't know. I just get so frustrated ans stuff. Help me out please
That really fast guitarist from dragonforce didnt get his first guitar until he was about 16. I think its okay that you might have picked it up late, as I did when I was 15, because those really early years (youger than 12 maybe), don't really have as much an impact on your guitar-playing development. What I mean is that young children tend to be less dedicated and less musically developed at their age, thus they wont have developed much more than you when you pick it up later. For that reason, if you just stick with it and work hard, you could easily surpass them.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
---------------------------
Quote by tkdfighter
I'm 15

Well that's about the age where most guitarists start. If you're dad says you're learning fast, than maybe you need to challenge yourself more.
Starting at fifteen is a great age. I started when I was twelve but I know a lot of dudes who are just picking up a guitar and they're really enthusiastic about it. I'm supposed to go pick out an amp with my buddy who just turned 20 soon so he can start playing. Tons of people start later, and with 6 years of theory under your belt, it'll be much much easier for you to play, technique is really all you'll have to worry about, and coming from another stringed instrument it's not completely foreign.

And we all get frustrated, when you do, either take a little break or play something you aren't frustrated with to sort of boost your mood or confidence. It's amazing how much more effective challenging something difficult can be if you're confident, in a cheery mood, or are extremely focused.

Plus everybody here is ready to help you with anything you need! Keep it up, man.
I play guitar
Quote by )Eric(Draven
Starting at fifteen is a great age. I started when I was twelve but I know a lot of dudes who are just picking up a guitar and they're really enthusiastic about it. I'm supposed to go pick out an amp with my buddy who just turned 20 soon so he can start playing. Tons of people start later, and with 6 years of theory under your belt, it'll be much much easier for you to play, technique is really all you'll have to worry about, and coming from another stringed instrument it's not completely foreign.

And we all get frustrated, when you do, either take a little break or play something you aren't frustrated with to sort of boost your mood or confidence. It's amazing how much more effective challenging something difficult can be if you're confident, in a cheery mood, or are extremely focused.

Plus everybody here is ready to help you with anything you need! Keep it up, man.

thanks! I'm a girl though