I'm building a guitar, and this is what I'm planning on having it look like:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Jaypack44/pictures/gear/110598/110892

However, I don't know what hardware to buy for it. I'm getting a Warmoth custom 24 3/4" scale neck with sharkfin inlays, and I'm making the body myself out of ash, but other than that, I don't know what to buy (screws, electronics, bridge, etc.) Help!
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

Member of UG's Christian Guitarists
To build a guitar like the one you posted, you'll need:
6 black left side tuning machines,
Black Tune-O-matic bridge,
6 black string ferrules (top and bottom)
2 black pickup mounting rings,
Output jack and side jack plate,
2 black dome knobs,
Black neck plate and neck mounting screws(depending on if you're going to have a set neck or bolt on),
2 500k pots (potentiometers),
.047uf capacitor,
set of black strap buttons,
A nut(unless the neck you're buying has one pre installed),
A 3-way switch,
some wire,
2 humbuckers,
a guitar-body worthy peice of ash,
proper painting materials,
access to appropriate woodworking tools,
To do enough research on guitar building that you'll be able to know this stuff inside and out before you start making anything.

The last one is the most important. Until you're able to list all the needed parts, know what they all do, and how to properly install them, I'd suggest you don't worry about what kind of stuff to buy yet, because you don't want to go and spend a few hundred dollars on a buch of parts you don't know the function or importance of to end up with something that falls short of your expectations.
I hope that didn't come off as me trying to turn you away from building a guitar, I'm just saying that you should be sure you know what you're doing before you actually do it to avoid making mistakes and wasting a bunch of money.
Last edited by james4 at Nov 6, 2007,
OK thanks that's exactly what I was looking for! And yeah, I think I've done my homework, though I do need to learn a little more about the electronics.
Peace n' love
I understand about indecision, but I don't care if I get behind. People living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind- Boston

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!

^yeah, no problem.
Most of that stuff you can get from warmoth along with the neck if you want, so you don't have to pay for more than one shipping bill (that is, if you can't source parts from a store near you).
oh yeah, and the ash should be body-worthy: I got it from a place that makes guitar billets for places like Gibson and Stew-Mac, and quite a few others. And my dad used to do a lot of woodworking, so he has most, if not all of the tools I need.
Peace n' love

CLASS OF 2008!!!!!!!