what is everyone's thoughts about ESP guitars??
Last edited by tkdfighter at Nov 6, 2007,
sum are good, sum arent. just like any other brand
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by GuitarHero0715
They're call ESP, not Esp.
ESP is great, but LTD sucks, so don't bother buying ESP/LTD unless you can afford a pure ESP

Try posting ESP, all caps as a thread title.

LTD 400 series are decent, I would take a Pro series Jackson over them in their price range though.
Quote by Guitarislife125

LTD 400 series are decent, I would take a Pro series Jackson over them in their price range though.

Ah, true, true,
I didn't think about that

Jackson > ESP/LTD
Jackson = ESP

Basically.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
They're called ESP, not Esp.
ESP is great, but LTD sucks, so don't bother buying ESP/LTD unless you can afford a pure ESP

The LTD 400 and 1000 series are probably some of the best Korean guitars. I suppose you never tried one?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
The LTD 400 and 1000 series are probably some of the best Korean guitars. I suppose you never tried one?

I play them regularily at my nearest store. I wasn't impressed with different aspects of the guitar. The frets and the ebony fretboard on a EX I played was terrible, and it was a 400.
I own a LTD Viper 1000, with a tobacco like sunburst, and Duncans.

Best guitar i have played to date.
ESP brand (Including LTD) have way more 'good' guitars than bad ones. LTD 50, 250, 350 etc are 'Bad' models. LTD 400 - 600 - 1000 are good models

ESP standard, Original and Custom are Great models. I have tried pretty much every guitar i can get my hands on and i am impressed by the ESP brand as a whole.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I've never really played one. But I know that alot of them are REALLY nice looking. And I'm pretty sure they are a pretty expensive guitar brand. I'd like to try one.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I love my ESP ltd ec-1000 but I'd rather have my Jackson.... If I had to choose
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
ESP=elecric sound products
ESP=extremely super pwnarific!....XD
i love esp, they got so many amazing axes
Quote by edge11
....what about edwards......?

kickass for the money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Guitarislife125

I tried changing it to caps but it changed back automatically
Ive tried the Kirk Hammet signature. WOW. and it was only 400 bucks. I didnt buy it. Im so stupid. EMGs and a floyd rose.

But Im saving up for a EC 1000. LTD are ok but if u can afford a normal ESP go for it.
well it's my first electric guitar, so that's why I'm asking. it felt good to me and I can't really go for anything over $500.
I once owned an ESP M-II Standard but ended up trading it because it was way too bright and thin sounding and I grew sick of the floyd rose.
I occasionally play my friends ESP KH-2, and the build quality is amazing (of course, cause its a custom shop guitar), it feels very solid, access to the upper frets is a breeze because of the smart bolt-on heel. The neck is just too good. But i don't really like the style of the KH-2...its too plain, but thats just kirk's problem

But, i would prefer a Jackson over an ESP
honestly speaking, the LTD 400 series are bang for the buck. If you're looking for a neckthru superstrat at that price range, you're not gonna find em with Jackson.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers