Can someone recommend me what would be the best pickup for my guitar? I have an epiphone LP standard and I'm not a fan of the pickups that came with the guitar. I'd like to get something that can give me heavier distortion( doesn't matter for cleans because I will be putting it in the bridge and I play anything clean on the neck pickup) similar to an invader or an EMG. But I'd rather have a passive pickup and I heard invaders would not work well at all in a body made of mahogany.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
how about a dimarzio D-activator

or the duncan livewire dave mustaine set,, it's the JB/Jazz combo that are just active,more output though

EDIT: just because you don't want heavier distortio doesn't mean you have to go the extreme route for it...

if you like slash (as i'm guessing in your avatar) and still want a high-output setup, how about using the Alnico II Pro in the neck, and JB or Custom in the bridge, maybe even a Duncan Distortion
Last edited by Chad11491 at Nov 6, 2007,
Whats your amp?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I have a 100watt marshall MG series
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
you won't notice hardly any difference on that amp, you need to upgrade to something better

either a Vox Valvetronix, peavey valveking, roland cube, or a B-52 AT series ( i suggest trying this out)
new amp
EMG, duncans, or dimarzio I GUESS.
should help get a heavier sound. marshall doesnt cut it for metal or hard rock IMO. slayer onlly uses it since they r retarded and have about five thousand pedals they use

oh and may i suggest a pedal. get a grunge or metal one.
Quote by Chad11491
you won't notice hardly any difference on that amp, you need to upgrade to something better

+1.

Save up.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
A new amp would be a better bet, or even simply an EQ pedal. If you're the stubborn type and HAVE to get new pickups then go for a Seymour Duncan Custom, just don't expect it to perform miracles.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmm, so what would be a good amp for a hard rock sound, similar to Velvet Revolver, Motley Crue but also handle heavier stuff like Rob Zombie and Megadeth?
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz