I've been browsing through some guitars on musicians friend and other web sites and ran across this guitar. I've always liked the Explorer body but not the price, however since its an epi, its much cheaper than the Gibson model. I checked the reviews here on UG and it got pretty positive reviews. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this Epi is any good. Thanks
i thought you checked the reviews, they are written by people on UG, so why make a thread?
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by stevo192
i thought you checked the reviews, they are written by people on UG, so why make a thread?

to get opinions from people who are to lazy to write a full review, yet own the guitar being discussed.
maybe.
Quote by stevo192

Just as pointless a post as you claim the OP created.
dude, Epiphone make damn good guitars! they have a bad rep with some people, but if you're buying one of thier $100 models, what did you expect, right?

I have two and love them. there's nothing short of a Gibson paint job that I can't upgrade them to be on par with at half the price of a true Gibson.

get the Epi Explorer, drop in some new pups and get a set-up done and you'll never notice a difference.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
I had one of these. It's a great guitar with a nice neck, it plays fast and feels really good in your hands. The guitar is solid! The pups sound great but you can upgrade them if your looking for a better metal sound. All in all I would have put it up against any Gibson Explorer I owned. There were some better and there were some worse. For the money I paid $280.00 with the HS case at a guitar show. I never asked if it was used or not all the paper work was with it the plastic protective cobering was ont the plastic and a little decal was on the front of the guitar with a flag. I forget what it said. It was a mistake selling it but I did make a small profit and I had it a few years. I know the kid who bought it and he wouldn't give it up ever. I have tried!!!

John
I want these as well. Only thing I don't like on it is the gold hardware but no biggie. Is the action good on these? If I get one I plan to put a Bill Lawrence XL-500 in the bridge.