Ever since I got my string changed on my Stratocaster (Floyd Rose), the third string has been buzzing every time you pluck it without fretting it. This is very annoying, especially playing open chords and hearing that buzz.

I looked on several threads, and many said to get it set up and I did. I took it to my local guitar store and they set it up and a couple days later I got it back and it still buzzed. I asked him about it and he said the buzzing on the open third string is a characteristic of teh guitar.

I don't understand what he means, it didn't use to do this. Can anyone help please help me out?
No disrespect to anyone but I wouldn't have paid the luthier that told me that. If this were my axe, I'd take it for a second opinion. You have a fret that is buzzing and may need a dress job or leveling to cure your problem.

Just my .02

Chris
If the string buzzes when open but not fretted then in all likelihood the problem is the nut. The string is probably a bit loose at the nut and that's causing the vibrations.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
Quote by krims0n
If the string buzzes when open but not fretted then in all likelihood the problem is the nut. The string is probably a bit loose at the nut and that's causing the vibrations.

How could that be fixed?
A buzzing G string, or any other string, is not characteristic of a strat or any other guitar.

If it's only one string, it may be either the nut slot has been worn so the string is loose and vibrates, or the nut slot could be too low, which would mean either raising or replacing the nut and cutting the rest of the slots to match it.

It could also be a high fret.

Take it to a different tech and get a second opinion.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by Paleo Pete
A buzzing G string, or any other string, is not characteristic of a strat or any other guitar.

If it's only one string, it may be either the nut slot has been worn so the string is loose and vibrates, or the nut slot could be too low, which would mean either raising or replacing the nut and cutting the rest of the slots to match it.

It could also be a high fret.

Take it to a different tech and get a second opinion.

Thanks, I'll do that.
I've had the same issue..

I bought a MIM strat yesterday, and the 5th and 4th string buzz today a lot more than yesterday when not fretted.. (i thought yesterday that i'll just wear it in or something)

I will take it back to teh shop, but im interested to know if anyone has already done so, and what the outcome has been..

Thanks
Quote by Krusader187
it has a floyd rose so does that mean it has one of those locking nuts too?

If your talking to me, then yes the guitar I have down have the locks.