Page 1 of 2
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1106/berrilld.html

I saw this on the news just a few minutes ago, somebody decided it would be funny to throw fireworks from their car at people. To be honest I'm not in the slightest bit surprised. People, in general seem to not only be getting stupider, but also meaner.

Has anyone else seen stuff like this? What's your opinion on it? What should be done?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Poor kid.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
2 of my friends at different places in the same town had fireworks thrown at them, luckily they missed. They think it was the same person because he was in a black car or something, but i hope they lock the dickhead up
What assholes. I hate fireworks, they make my cats shit bricks, and people get retarded ideas like this. I wish they were banned to be honest.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Metal_Rich
What assholes. I hate fireworks, they make my cats shit bricks, and people get retarded ideas like this. I wish they were banned to be honest.

They are in Ireland, it makes no difference.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
He looks so sad, it makes me feel very upset.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Argh, people these days....
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
I've always found it incredibly disturbing that some people have such a fundamental lack of morals that they could do something like this...for entertainment.

Very worrying.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Quote by J_A_C_K
2 of my friends at different places in the same town had fireworks thrown at them, luckily they missed. They think it was the same person because he was in a black car or something, but i hope they lock the dickhead up

lock him up in a cell then throw fireworks at him, see how he likes it.
I don't know why we even do what we do to animals, saying that we can because we are "smarter", that we're on top of the food chain and that we're just "better" than they.
Some people don't deserve to be alive. Seriously, human race isn't a good thing, if god is perfect, He could have made something better, no offense against any religion...
Quote by eueueu
I don't know why we even do what we do to animals, saying that we can because we are "smarter", that we're on top of the food chain and that we're just "better" than they.
Some people don't deserve to be alive. Seriously, human race isn't a good thing, if god is perfect, He could have made something better, no offense against any religion...

Hey, it's not his fault that Eve fucked with Adam's head!
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by eueueu

Grow up, you can't use stuff like this as evidence that the whole human race is fundamentally bad.

Animals often do things we'd consider cruel, but for them is just natural. A human life IS more valuable than that of an animal because we have emotions and complex thought. Our capablities are greater, and whether or not you believe in a God, we posess something that animals don't, which the idea of a soul attempts to define.

Anyway, the people who did this are disgusting.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I meant that we don't need to do all that we do with animals and our world just for our good, our profit. Plus, I never said that a human life is unworthy, of course there are good people, what pisses me off are these stupid people that seems to be large majority (at least here where I live, people make bad thing to others for their own desires).
Last edited by eueueu at Nov 6, 2007,
Why are you allowed to buy explosives from supermarkets? Most towns and even a lot of villages do displays, and they're free, so I don't see the need for everyone to buy their own fireworks.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
When I lived in Ireland all the village's inbred idiots would direct fireworks and eggs and shit at my family's house cos we were "outsiders"

But Jesus, I don't know if any of you Irish UGer's know the village of Delvin in Co. Westmeath? The locals reminded me of the retarded Hilbillies from Deliverance, what a load of fuckin 'tards
Quote by break-me-in
Grow up, you can't use stuff like this as evidence that the whole human race is fundamentally bad.

Animals often do things we'd consider cruel, but for them is just natural. A human life IS more valuable than that of an animal because we have emotions and complex thought. Our capablities are greater, and whether or not you believe in a God, we posess something that animals don't, which the idea of a soul attempts to define.

Anyway, the people who did this are disgusting.

How do you know animals aren't capable of emotions and complex thought?

If anything, a human life is LESS valuable than an animal life. Humans have ruined the planet for themselves and for animals. I don't see how their life should be more valuable.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru

If anything, a human life is LESS valuable than an animal life. Humans have ruined the planet for themselves and for animals. I don't see how their life should be more valuable.

I agree with you, but not entirely, many people are good and fight for the good of other animals other than ourselves.
Quote by GiantRaven
*sigh*

Thats horrible

That photo made me feel bad

but your avatar saved the day with hilarity. Thank you
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Old. People have been throwing fireworks at each other since they were invented. What are rockets if not glorified fireworks?

But seriously, have you never heard of people throwing fireworks at other people?
Man thats so lame...the kid didnt do anything. Besides if you were gonna throw fireworks out a car, at least throw them at douchebags or something
Quote by Meths
Old. People have been throwing fireworks at each other since they were invented. What are rockets if not glorified fireworks?

But seriously, have you never heard of people throwing fireworks at other people?

Yes I have. It's horrible and makes me doubt the future of our race. Seriously though, do you not agree that it's ****ed up?

By the way, Fireworks ARE illegal in this country.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
That's sick. People disgust me. They always have. For the past few years I've been ashamed to be called a human.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by eueueu

Dude, don't turn this into a religion thread, it's just gonna start a war.

But, on topic, that sucks. I've been in Roman Candle fights, but it was always for fun. This is just stupid.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Aside from hunting down the pricks who did that, nothing should be done. I'm not having a bunch of delinquents ruin a national holiday.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aside from hunting down the pricks who did that, nothing should be done. I'm not having a bunch of delinquents ruin a national holiday.

I agree, I just mean something being done in general to stop this stuff. It;s not just on Halloween.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Yes I have. It's horrible and makes me doubt the future of our race. Seriously though, do you not agree that it's ****ed up?

Yeah but I was expecting something SERIOUSLY fucked up. Not run-of-the-mill fireworks hurling. I saw someone firing fireworks around out the back of my house earlier this afternoon.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
By the way, Fireworks ARE illegal in this country.

Fucking gutted. What a pussy country.

I was about to ask "what do you do on November 5th then?" when I realised you guys probably don't celebrate it...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I agree, I just mean something being done in general to stop this stuff. It;s not just on Halloween.

>.< I was talking about November 5th (Bonfire Night).

When I was a high school, a jackass on the bus along with his thugs lit fireworks on the bus. I'm surprised he was not expelled for that.

Hunt them down and torture them. Go for it. I suppose if I could find some enemies from my past, I'd do the same to them. Of course, everyone from my past is scared of me because I'm a top student that decided biochemistry and physics would be fun to excel in. I think it's the others that need something to go ka-****ing-boom in their face.
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Last edited by Agent-X at Nov 6, 2007,
I don't really understand half the dumb stuff that people do...probably never will. probably should just chalk it up to our demented society.
Quote by Smokey Amp
>.< I was talking about November 5th (Bonfire Night).

oddly enough the Irish don;t celebrate that
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
oddly enough the Irish don;t celebrate that

I did say national holiday.

Hallowe'en is a bloody American tradition, it ain't our holiday.

Quote by Ichimaru

Yeah humans have the greater capacity for good, and with that comes the greater capacity for bad. And if we are to act as animals, then we will instinctively behave towards other life forms, which means we don't give a shit about them. And are you honestly telling me that you would rather sponsor a starving dog than a starving African child? That idea sickens me. In fact, I regard the entire concept of animal charity as immoral in that it takes away from human charity.

And I suppose, in a philosophical sense, I cannot dismiss animal life as less capable of having what we best describe as a soul, but scientifically speaking, they do not feel love or empathy, and are definitely lacking in the capacity for complex thought.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Page 1 of 2