ok, so i just bought a chicago bears jersey off ebay, and the seller claims its 100% authentic, and my friend bought one, and it looks authentic, but ive never seen an authentic one, so could you guys tell me what to look out for if its for real?

like badges in certain places etc

many thanks
-andy-
Quote by Dirge Humani
Badges? Not likely. Unless there is a big language gap...

i mean like, isnt there an nfl badge on the sleeve? like made of cotton, and sewn onto it to prove its authentic, im looking for stuff like that
Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges.

edit:

Daaa Bears.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
last one i bought was 2-3 yrs ago. in the bottom right on the front side theres a tag thing. on it there's the NFL logo, Reebok logo, Players INC logo, the size (ie XL, L, M..), and the text: Engineered By Reebok To The Exact Specifications Of The National Football League.
hope this helps
Well, I always buy all my Bears stuff at the store. I never eally trusted Ebay much.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by hamish5178
Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges.

edit:

Daaa Bears.

you really dont get it, should i say, emblem?

cause for 40 quid (80 bucks) it seems too cheap to be authentic, and if its not, ima sending it back, and i need to know what things will come on an auuthentic jersey
Quote by andyscoot
ok, so i just bought a chicago bears jersey off ebay, and the seller claims its 100% authentic, and my friend bought one, and it looks authentic, but ive never seen an authentic one, so could you guys tell me what to look out for if its for real?

like badges in certain places etc

many thanks
-andy-

just glancing at them it would be hard to tell. the authentic jerseys are made of a much tougher material that can deal with being thrown around and beat on in the rain, dirt, snow, firestorm, tornado, nuclear explosion, etc.

according to an online shop here are the details of the authentic jerseys:

* Heavyweight mesh body
* Tackle twill lettering, numbers & logos
* Dazzle shoulders, sleeves & sides
* Embroidered NFL Equipment logo at the neck
* Rib-knit collar & cuffs
* Jock tag
* V-neck
* Drop tail
* Imported
* 100% Polyester

and here are the details for replicas:

* Heavyweight mesh body
* Printed name plate
* Dazzle shoulders, sleeves & sides
* Drop tail
* Authentic NFL equipment loop label with embroidered NFL equipment logo at the neck
* Screen print numbers on front, back & sleeves or shoulders
* Rib knit collar
* Jock tag
* Imported
* 100% Nylon

my replica jones-drew jersey has a v-neck as well, i don't know why they left that off. but yeah.
#DTWD
yeah, that looks real to me. and because the item is technically used, forty isn't bad to pay for it. it's fine. besides, it's a freakin' shirt, man, just wear it.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
yeah, that looks real to me. and because the item is technically used, forty isn't bad to pay for it. it's fine. besides, it's a freakin' shirt, man, just wear it.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Alix_D
Not knowing what an NFL shirt should look like, i'd say it looks pretty real, there's a Reebok logo on the sleeve.

my replica jersey has a reebok logo. it is $75 new. the same player's authentic jersey would run about $250.

although that does look legit to me. especially if it's only $40. that's a good price for a replica!
#DTWD
it's impossible to tell from those pictures. you need good, up-close pictures of the fabric, lettering, and tags to tell.

and that jersey was 40 quid... 80 US bucks! so that's a pretty normal price for a replica.
Quote by primusfan
my replica jersey has a reebok logo. it is $75 new. the same player's authentic jersey would run about $250.

although that does look legit to me. especially if it's only $40. that's a good price for a replica!

I thought that by authentic he meant official replica, not some knocked off jobbie from Thailand.

Also, £40 = $80

It looks authentic but considering that the Bears wore their home (blue) jerseys in the Super Bowl I wouldn't be too sure...
40 quid? why is someone from england buying an NFL jersey?

anyways, if by authentic you meant NFL-sanctioned i'm like 99.9% sure.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
40 quid? why is someone from england buying an NFL jersey?

anyways, if by authentic you meant NFL-sanctioned i'm like 99.9% sure.

im thinking the seller meant that. authentic as in its licensed and all. not that its considered authentic as an exact copy of the jersey they wear on the field. it doesnt look like an actual authentic, as in the ones that sell for over $200. if the numbers are sewn on, its probably a premier, which is between replica and authentic.