The M4 is a carbine, meaning shortened barrel
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Quote by aequitasveritas
The M4 is a carbine, meaning shortened barrel

Ohhh ok. Isn't the A2 what most recruits in the US military recieve at basic training?
oh cool, can't help you with guns, isn't the m4 the one that james bond uses?

EDIT: oh noz these are the gunz from counter strike xD
Looking for a new sig!
Last edited by samerika at Nov 6, 2007,
the M16A2 is an improvement of the M16A1 (vietnam era USA army rifle).
basically, the 'Auto' fire mode was replaced with '3-round burst', the triangulat handguard was changes, the buttstock too a few more milimeters in length, a forward assist was added, a pistol grip, and the 1:12 rifle twist was changes to 1:7 to perform with the newer cartridge, the M855 (which kinda replaced the M193).
thats basically all.
Now, the M4 is like the M16A2, but with a much shorter barrel (carbine...), a telescopic stock, and the fire mode selector of the M16A1(safe-semi-auto).
thats what i can think of..
Quote by metalhead2061
the M16A2 is an improvement of the M16A1 (vietnam era USA army rifle).
basically, the 'Auto' fire mode was replaced with '3-round burst', the triangulat handguard was changes, the buttstock too a few more milimeters in length, a forward assist was added, a pistol grip, and the 1:12 rifle twist was changes to 1:7 to perform with the newer cartridge, the M855 (which kinda replaced the M193).
thats basically all.
Now, the M4 is like the M16A2, but with a much shorter barrel (carbine...), a telescopic stock, and the fire mode selector of the M16A1(safe-semi-auto).
thats what i can think of..

Thanks, that helps a lot. I just read that the M4 is for troops that are assigned with other MOS' such as armor, transports, ect... because the shorter barrel length is easier to deal with.
There are using the M-16 A3 as well, which has a removable carry handle and (if I remember correctly) 1/2 MOA per click instead of 1MOA on the rear sight.\

The m-16 is longer than the M4, and only has a three round burst as opposed to the M4's full auto.
Last edited by -Wolverine- at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by iluvmyprs89
Ohhh ok. Isn't the A2 what most recruits in the US military recieve at basic training?

Yessir.
My God, it's full of stars!