Hey guys, just wondering if any of you've had any experience with this particular pedal and how it is?

How is the compression? Is it as good as the Dyna Comp?

Thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I have tried and loved it. The OD was VERY TS-808'ish, sounded great. The compression is awesome, you can defiently get those Dynacomp tones. One of the best pedals out there IMHO.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I tried it when I was trying out various ODs, so I wasn't exactly going for the compression part of it. I honestly didn't like it too much, the bass boost on it actually killed some of the bass on the JSX I was trying it on and turning on the compression just made the amp extremely noisy, though you could more than likely fix that, I don't really have a use for compression in my everyday playing so I didn't really fiddle around with it much. The OD on it was "eh" as well, though I wasn't trying it through the clean channel, I was using it to see how it tightened up a gain channel. The TS-808 and Boosta Grande were the only OD type pedals that I really enjoyed.

However... I'm sure a lot will dissagree Just wasn't my cup of tea.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 6, 2007,
Anyone ever try it and a Dyna Comp??

I'm pretty set on it as far as OD, the only thing that's keeping me from it is the compressor. That's my main thing I want, and I don't know if the compressor is good enough t osepnd the extra 60-70 bucks on for this baby.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
Would you suggest I wait to try both before I decide?? I mean that's the obvious choice, but I don't know when I can get to GC, nor do I know if they have both in stock. And it might have to wait till after Christmas, which is what I was asking it for.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
I own a Route66 and love it. As ppl have said the OD is about as close as you can get to an original TS808. As far as the compression goes, its very simple to use but with only three knobs you can use it for hard compression for like solo stuff or tapping, you can use it as a very effective clean boost, or you can just set everything midway for a nice little squeeze to make chords sound more full. The tone knob on the compressor is my favorite on the pedal, if you have humbuckers you can make them very twangy and singly coily if you turn the tone knob clockwise, or visa-versa if you have single coils. Overall its one of my favorite pedals that I own. Extremely well built and versatile. Plus the bypass on it is friggan awesome and you dont get any tone loss when its not on.

http://www.visualsound.net/Pedal_rt66.htm

Check out the webpage for it.
Thanks for the3 in depth review. It helps a lot.

Have you by any chance played a dyna comp?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?