so me action is really high
the saddles are all as low as they can go (the middle two a little higher to keep the curve) and they are like almost a whole cm away from my fret board, i tried wedging things under the neck cavity, and not doing that at all screwing in the neck at different angles.

and on top of that i cant get it low enough that it should be because the nut is really high...but thats not what im worried about, how can i get my action lower

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Check to see if the neck is bowed. If it is then you'll have to adjust the truss rod. If it isn't a problem with the neck then it'll probably be the nut since you said the nut is really high. You can shave the nut down if that turns out to be the problem.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

naw,,, its higher near the base of the neck than it is at the nut, the nut is the lowest point on the neck.....and my truss rod is almsot straight...my teacher said it should be on a fretless

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

I still say it's a problem with the truss. There is no other reason why the action is too high. The two factors of action are the saddles and the truss rod. If you know it's not the saddles it's the truss.
what shoudl i do then?

well my truss rod is fairly tight, it was goodish before but i took off the neck and took out a peice of paper i had in the neck
cavity and now its really hig and i took it off again and put the paper back in like 12 different places i cant seem to get it right

It's not about how tight the truss rod is. It's about the curve of the neck. However, the most important thing to think about is the intonation. Another quick tip, the string length can affect the action a tad. The further back the saddle, the lower the string will be. If you can get the strings any further back, do it.
my neck has very little curve, and i dont think i can get the saddles any farther back

Yes get the neck shimmed definetly
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by elemenohpee
it sounds like your neck is bowing forward, because your truss rod is too tight. Try loosening it and see what happens.

+1
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
How high is really high? The action on every fretless I've tried has been slightly higher than on a fretless bass simply due to the fact that you have to push the string down further.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
well what kind of bridge do you have on it. maybe look for a bridge that you could put on that lets you lower the action more than what you have now. Or maybe carve into the body of the guitar and reinstall the bridge so it sits in you bass kind of like it's sunk in the mud. I'd have a luthier do it not urself in case there will be problems.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
its like almsot a cm high from the board at the last fret, and i have a ba-II