Page 1 of 3
I am mainly using this as a way to vent so please dont flame me.

I have been working up the courage to ask this girl whom I pretty much love out. We are constantly talking, joking around, and even flirting. Shes beautiful, smart, fun to be around and she is the main reason I have been looking forward to the next day. I never really thought of asking her out until I had a dream about her (no, not sexual!). I was surrounded by black and then I heard her call my name behind me. I turned around and she gave me the biggest hug. The blackness went away and I felt the best feeling in the world. Then she disapeared and I woke up. Well I asked her and when I did she had the biggest look of disapointment in her face. She told me that she has been asked out by tons of her guy friends and turned them all down because she never felt that way toward them. I could tell she didn't want me to be one of them (but I was). She still wants to be friends though and I just painted on a smile and said that it was fine.

Now to the truth. I am filled with disapointment, dipression, and pure hatred. Hatred not for her (I could never be angry at her), but for myself. Why did I have that dream? Why did I look forward to her everyday? I am filled with so much rage toward myself that if I saw my own body in physical form before me, I would beat myself to the point of death. The reason why I feel so bad is that I believe in Karma. But now that belief is slowly fading away. I am ****ing 18 years old and I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl! I see my friends and how they act yet they all have (from what I see) great girlfriends. WHY ME! I just want somebody to love whom would love me back. My friends always praise me for my skills at guitar yet that only brings me so much happiness. This is my last year of highschool and I feel that I have waisted 90% of it not living but practicing in my room.

I know this will pass but I cant help but feel that my dreams will never become reality when it comes to finding "the one". Now I know that I am still only 18 and have my life ahead of me. Its just that I trully wanted to be with this girl. Now its going to kill me knowing she is with someone else. Hopefully she finds someone who will treat her right. Once again, I am using this a source to vent my feelings. Please dont criticise me by saying I am emo and a pussy and should grow some ****ing balls. I know that I will get over it and move on.

Now to make this thread legit. Post the worst day you have ever felt.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Well to be perfectly honest, similar to your story.

But I was going out with that girl, then she dumped me. Then got off with someone I hate.

I nearly broke my hand on the wall.
Well exactly the same happened to me, except I'm not a psychopath!

Nah seriously, I was obsessed as well. Now I can bearly remember her name. You'll get over it,
Yeah, that happened to me twice.

Just find a new girl, treat her real nice and buy her cool things, and make the other one jealous .
When I was 18, I used to feel the same way as you did, down to a T. But after high school, all the 'cool' people became uncool, and my guitar playing made me cool to people...it was sort of a blessing in disguise, although playing guitar is amazing. While I was in my room practicing my guitar, everyone else was out getting into trouble and messing their lives up.

As for the girl situation, just move on, dude...time heals all wounds, and there are a LOT worse things than being single, believe me. Look at what you have in life and enjoy it, rather than what you don't have. You've got a lot of life ahead of you, and it's probably gonna be better than you think it will be.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
the worst i've ever felt?

either the day when my father died 9 years ago or 2 months ago when i got a phone call from my mother saying she has taken 6 jars of pills and was saying goodbye (she survived.)

I win.
TS: It happens to everybody. Seriously. Everybody has that one chick who completely and totally destroys and enamors them (my ex). You'll live, and you'll get over it in time. Just go hang out with your friends, and take a break from your friend. Don't talk to her much for a week. You'll be much better off then, and hopefully will be able to see her as nothing more than a friend. Like I said, go hang out with your friends, watch some movies with them, or just jam. Do whatever makes you happy, and you'll be fine. I know you feel miserable right now and don't feel like doing anything, but ignore that. It'll pass.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
You're only 18 chief, you know there's going to be someone better out there. Don't rush anything. Besides, personally I'd be more concerned with your apparantly bleeding anus

I'm too much of a happy person to remember the bad times well, only the good.
Quote by SkyValley
Yeah, that happened to me twice.

Just find a new girl, treat her real nice and buy her cool things, and make the other one jealous .

Yeah thats not gonna work

but pretty much what the TS described. But then she started liking me, but i didnt like her. Then i started liking her again and now shes gone

oh well, no point in dwelling in the past.

"She only comes to me in my dreams, so sleep becomes addicting"
Quote by GeetarAbuse
When I was 18, I used to feel the same way as you did, down to a T. But after high school, all the 'cool' people became uncool, and my guitar playing made me cool to people...it was sort of a blessing in disguise, although playing guitar is amazing. While I was in my room practicing my guitar, everyone else was out getting into trouble and messing their lives up.

As for the girl situation, just move on, dude...time heals all wounds, and there are a LOT worse things than being single, believe me. Look at what you have in life and enjoy it, rather than what you don't have. You've got a lot of life ahead of you, and it's probably gonna be better than you think it will be.

That's not only exactly how I feel, but the exact truth in my case.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

yeh man i feel you (ts) i truly do it happens all the time and it does fade but i had to move countrys so imagen the first days, it was ****ing hell. now im better im still not the most outging popular guy but wtv man ive wasted all my teeange years in depression, theres only a few left then itl be different i hope

EDIT: no wait i made a mistake, i ahd a fight with her and we didnt talk in like 5 months and then we were fine, dont worry that wont happen to you
''courage is not enough to forget''
Last edited by rock_metal_fan at Nov 6, 2007,
Dude, that's what I want too. Just someone to care about me, and I can care about

Unfortounately, I'm 14, so that's damn near impossible to find.
But look at it this way, love fades. Music lives forever with you.

My worst feeling was...well probably when i broke up with my first girlfriend last year...I had another after that, but...eh

I'm not really liking girls too much after all that. haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Nov 6, 2007,
i've been in the same boat as you...

best advice id give is to not let them go... if you care about them so much then the worst thing you want to do is ignore them... having someone special go out of your life is the worst feeling in the world

it is slightly like someone dying... you never see them again, you never get to tell them all the things you wanted to etc

best thing to do is keep them around.. in time who knows.. she might see you as something more if she never finds that right guy

same goes for most people... never get rid of the ones you love.. it'll only hurt you more
dont let it affect your life, because after a while, when the girl doesnt even matter, you'll have other things to hate yourself for. Things like that can snowball into huge problems.
the girl ive been with for 3 years cheated on me a month ago. and then fed me the "i still love you" BS.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
dont worry man , just dont go looking for a relationship and one will find you, always seems to happen that way
just chill out, take a brea, relax, dont worry about it, you'll meet someone new soon probably
speaking out of experience, its much harder to move on when you two talk/see each other everyday. and the time you miss her the most is when you're laying in bed and can't sleep. that ****ing kills man lol. my guess is that you're always going to love her and all, but some of those extremely strong emotions WILL eventually die down some. at least thats how it worked for me.

I still love my ex. with all my heart, but I don't feel like crap anymore when she has a new boyfriend. but thats a TOTALLY different story and too long to write here in a thread. basically in a nutshell, we both still have feelings for each other, but we're still really good friends. I guess it's cause if she gets with me she'll have no reason to break up with me, and I guess that scares her. whatever. anyway hope it works out.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
today was up there actually for my worst days. I got told by like 3 people that the girl I liked doesn't like me, and she doesn't like to be around me because she knows I like her. So that pretty much ruins my chances of ever getting her to like me. THEN, I found out that one of my best friends was the one who told her, and she had told him that she would say no, but he never told me. In fact, he kept egging me on to ask her. So he pretty much wanted me to get rejected so he could get a laugh.

This all happened right before a huge test in math. And I couldn't concentrate at all, so I pretty much failed...

I need to try and forget about her an move on... as should you imo. Unless you think you can somehow work it out...
well i must say that you are not alone with your feelings. I think it is safe to say that everyone has at one point felt like you. I know i had, and i know others that have as well. To be honest, i've had this thing for a girl the past 3 years and i still can't muster up the confidence to say i wanna be more than just friends. I totally feel you on everything else though. I know what it's like to be on the lowest of lows, and i know how it feels to go through a series of bad situations. My left sucked, and i must say it still does, but i try to make the best of it now. I've gotten rejected a lot, and i get made fun of at school because of all sorts of reasons. My friends go get ****ed up and i stay at home with my guitar and music and i am happy with that now. My friends go have sex with *****s and i'm still at home, doing what i love. Life is less about forcing something you think you need to happen, and more about discovering things that you like and having them come to you naturally. And as for the worst i have ever felt, it was probably when i attempted suicide last year and failed because my mom walked in my room when i was passing out from blood loss. She started screaming and crying, nothing has been the same since then. Ashame..
When I got cast out of Eden because my woman gave me some fruit. wtf man?

*clears throat*ahem...
Okay, it was actually some time in 4th grade when my grandpa died, my dog died, and my parents separated within a month of each other (divorced a year later).
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Last edited by jravolta at Nov 6, 2007,
All told I had the exact same HS experience and picked up guitar becasue the "cool" kids were out trashing their lives and I wasn't liked. I went to college having kissed very few girls and having played two and a half years of guitar...and I wish I'd kissed none and played for a **** load longer. In my first year of college I've started a nasty band, which helped to get me a girl.

Advice: Listen to your favorite guitarists, metal for a while if you must but go for more mellow stuff. The pain fades, honestly...and write a song about it. Good emotional release and it'll be a hell of a good one. Also keep practicing, don't lose sight of what you clearly love to do - that being guitar. High School is bull**** you forget about it and stop thinking about it once you're at college so just learn a new technique damn well (tapping, sweeping) and get ready for the best four years of yourself ahead of you.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
i dated this girl for 2 years, then she broke up with me, and started screwing my best friend. I stopped talking to the both of them. Things got better between my friend and i, he apologized a million and a half times said he would never pull that **** again, and all was well. Last year, he knew i liked this other girl and that i was gunna ask her out. And then what does he do? He starts hooking up with her. So i was beyond pissed and pretty sad. But i got over it, and im sure you will too.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
probably a month ago when i found out that my grandmother and cousin were in a car accident. they both survived but my cousin is a vegetable now

Quote by HedBanger24/7
I am mainly using this as a way to vent so please dont flame me.

I have been working up the courage to ask this girl whom I pretty much love out. We are constantly talking, joking around, and even flirting. Shes beautiful, smart, fun to be around and she is the main reason I have been looking forward to the next day. I never really thought of asking her out until I had a dream about her (no, not sexual!). I was surrounded by black and then I heard her call my name behind me. I turned around and she gave me the biggest hug. The blackness went away and I felt the best feeling in the world. Then she disapeared and I woke up. Well I asked her and when I did she had the biggest look of disapointment in her face. She told me that she has been asked out by tons of her guy friends and turned them all down because she never felt that way toward them. I could tell she didn't want me to be one of them (but I was). She still wants to be friends though and I just painted on a smile and said that it was fine.

Now to the truth. I am filled with disapointment, dipression, and pure hatred. Hatred not for her (I could never be angry at her), but for myself. Why did I have that dream? Why did I look forward to her everyday? I am filled with so much rage toward myself that if I saw my own body in physical form before me, I would beat myself to the point of death. The reason why I feel so bad is that I believe in Karma. But now that belief is slowly fading away. I am ****ing 18 years old and I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl! I see my friends and how they act yet they all have (from what I see) great girlfriends. WHY ME! I just want somebody to love whom would love me back. My friends always praise me for my skills at guitar yet that only brings me so much happiness. This is my last year of highschool and I feel that I have waisted 90% of it not living but practicing in my room.
I know this will pass but I cant help but feel that my dreams will never become reality when it comes to finding "the one". Now I know that I am still only 18 and have my life ahead of me. Its just that I trully wanted to be with this girl. Now its going to kill me knowing she is with someone else. Hopefully she finds someone who will treat her right. Once again, I am using this a source to vent my feelings. Please dont criticise me by saying I am emo and a pussy and should grow some ****ing balls. I know that I will get over it and move on.

Now to make this thread legit. Post the worst day you have ever felt.

Man...you've almost the EXACT problem as I do. Except I haven't asked her out yet. Man...that paragraph there is how I feel EVERY SINGLE day. Life ****ing sucks sometimes.
Quote by daviesgk
best advice id give is to not let them go... if you care about them so much then the worst thing you want to do is ignore them... having someone special go out of your life is the worst feeling in the world

it is slightly like someone dying... you never see them again, you never get to tell them all the things you wanted to etc

best thing to do is keep them around.. in time who knows.. she might see you as something more if she never finds that right guy

Wow. Thanks guys! I cant believe I am actually getting this reaction from the Pit. To tell the truth I am already feeling better after reading your guys' posts. daviesgk, thats some of the best advice to have. I am still going to be her friend and I still hope she finds someone that will treat her right. But one of my fears that linger is that she will end up with a guy that is a jock asshole. She has told me before that she has been attracted (both seriously and jokingly) to some guys around our school that I know are complete assholes.

Quote by rainman5190
dont worry man , just dont go looking for a relationship and one will find you, always seems to happen that way

Thats exactly as I see it.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
ive been there too

theres always the thought that the person you love will always end up with some asshole.. and you know you could take better care of her dont you?

i bet we all do... im sure i have

i know i would treat the girl right... and make every occasion special.. i dont think the other guy could

thats why i say be a friend... show her you still care.. but to the extent that you will never lose her...

i lost someone very close to me because i got too wound up in it.. and i regret it every day.. ive not spoken to her or heard from her in about 4 months now... and everyday she's still there in my mind

never let go dude

its horrible... but be the best you can be, if she doesnt want that then someone else will.. and the one who will love you for who you are will be the one that you will spend the longest time with

TS: wow, iv been trying to get up the guts to do THE EXACT SAME THING. there goes every shred of self confidence. thanks for that.

but anyway the worst i have ever felt was when i went to see my uncle right before he died from a brain tumor.
How do I change my sig?
I'm glad no ones been talking ****. There's definitely a difference between being emo and having emotions. While I haven't experienced the same situations as you, I've crushed on chicks that I couldn't win over. It sucks and while mine weren't as intense as yours, I feel for you man. Just keep on and you'll find yourself a winner.
THREAD STARTER (AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CARES), YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ THIS:

Wow, I'm surprised to see that this happens to so many of us, such a similar story. Mine is about 99% exactly the same as you (thread starter), only difference is I was 16 and that after i told her how I felt about her, our friendship diminished to the point of not being friends anymore, she wouldn't talk to me just ignored me. One thing that made it even worse was that she started dating the guy I hated, not because he was going out with her, but because he was an imbecile. I know EXACTLY how you feel, is almost like reading my own story, and it was definitely the worst moment in my life.

As it has been mentioned by others, you will get over it, and i actually would like to share with you what worked for me, it was fast, you could say it was instant. One morning right before leaving my house to take the school bus, i was at the peak of my depression, i just couldn't take it anymore, so i just mentally turned against myself (as i was angered at myself for my mistakes), but i didn't do it in a violent way as you feel, as i felt; instead i did it in a way that i would completely negate myself to feeling anymore pain about that situation. I got up, and with great anger i told myself: 'I am not going to take this s*** anymore, i WILL not go another single moment feeling sorry for something i can't change now; it's over, and it's time to move on. I'm sick of this feeling and sick of putting myself down.' So then i went to my door, and before i opened it i calmed down a bit, and with the most sincere and commanding feeling i've ever expressed, i ordered and told myself: 'as soon as i walk out of this door and step out, i will completely deny and erase those feelings form me, as i leave them behind the door closing behind me, never to come back again'. As strange and maybe fictitious as it sounds, as soon as i stepped out, closed the door and began to walk away, i felt a release, i was able to smile again without faking it; and i tell you one thing, before that happened, every time i saw that girl my heart would go crazy and then i would feel depressed again, but that same day when i did that, i saw her and felt nothing; it was such an amazing thing not to get those feelings again, everything went back to normal and that's when i really completely got over her. During that whole experience, i went through a very serious depression but as you can see, i was able to get over it eventually. So if you don't want to experience anymore of those negative feelings, think about what i have mentioned, and hopefully you'll be able to go through it without so much hassle. Good Luck!
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I'm too much of a happy person to remember the bad times well, only the good.

The ****ing truth. Stay positive, it has never hurt me to be excessively optimistic.
my bassist once cancelled practice like an hour b-fore and it'd been like 2 months since i'd last practiced w/ my band and i just chucked the phone at the wall and then my guitar at the floor cause i was ****ing pissed. that is the worst i've ever felt.
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
Man...you've almost the EXACT problem as I do. Except I haven't asked her out yet. Man...that paragraph there is how I feel EVERY SINGLE day. Life ****ing sucks sometimes.

Same here cept I'm too much of a pussy to say anything to her, and whenever I feel I have the confidence, I start thinking "Well, this same thing is going to happen next year with someone else so why bother"... meh..
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Well, when i came back from a three day gig, my fiancee told me she was in love with her ex.
Then i gave her my ring and told her to, make up her mind....
three hours after i leave her flat, she calls him over and they sleep together.
that was 2 months before we were gonna get married

Life Sucks
Quote by Våd Hamster
Well, when i came back from a three day gig, my fiancee told me she was in love with her ex.
Then i gave her my ring and told her to, make up her mind....
three hours after i leave her flat, she calls him over and they sleep together.
that was 2 months before we were gonna get married

Life Sucks

****ing GAY dude!!
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
hmmm...well a couple months after my parents divorce my mom had a nervous breakdown, got addicted to perscription drugs, and I had to take care of her. This involved staying up until 3 in the morning almost nightly while she vommited

I was only 8 at the time...It ****ed me up pretty good....
same thing happened to me exact thing i still talk to the girl but badly want her but i just dont think about it and oce theres another girl it helps
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
Quote by redneck516
the girl ive been with for 3 years cheated on me a month ago. and then fed me the "i still love you" BS.

three words of advice my friend:
Stripped, Raped, Strangled can't go wrong
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by redhawk1029
****ing GAY dude!!

And then she dumps him after 2 months.

Go Figure
Page 1 of 3