I just bought a new Marshall mg 100, when i play it it sounds great but theres always a very loud hum coming from it, even if i mute my strings. Im prety positive its not normal, the hum is almost unbearably loud especialy if i turn up the gain. I was reading around and i thought maybe it had something to do with grounding. So how can i manualy ground my amp? ive tried different plugs in the house to no avail...
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
It's the amp. You may want to seriously consider returning it and getting a better amp for the same amount of money, if not less. Trust me, there are better amps. If you want to go that route, let us on UG know, and we'll help you pick something better for your style.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Well, you could check to see if your guitar is grounded. Plug it into a different amp and see if it hums. If the guitar is grounded right, then the amp is to blame.

Seeing how the MG is notorious for buzzing like box of angry bees, there's probably nothing you can do about it. Honestly, buying that amp was a downgrade from the Crate FX you've got in your sig.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Yah my crate was fine... but it broke... So i thought this would be a good replacement. Well if you guys say so, ill return it and get something else... I mainly got it because i liked the sound and power. i need to be able to play with a loud drummer. So if you guys have recomendations on nice amps above 80 watts (or whatever will be fine with drummer) tell me! I have a JTK2 ibanez so i want to make some cool jazzy sounds, while still being able to play classic rock(led zep, acdc,guns n roses). I thought the marshall would be versatile... (before i return this it's also worth mentioning that when i put my finger on the display/controls, and my other finger on my metalic pickguard on my guitar, it seems to kill alot of the hum.)
Gear:

Guitar
Recording king RD 22
Ibanez Jet King JTK2
Dean bass guitar

Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212
Bass Acoustic b100
methinks it is the single coils you've got in your starcaster (i'm assuming you've got sss).
Quote by Phantom-x
I just bought a new Marshall mg 100, when i play it it sounds great but theres always a very loud hum coming from it, even if i mute my strings. Im prety positive its not normal, the hum is almost unbearably loud especialy if i turn up the gain. I was reading around and i thought maybe it had something to do with grounding. So how can i manualy ground my amp? ive tried different plugs in the house to no avail...

The only grounding that amp needs is a burial. Take it back & get something you won't hate in a week. You'll thank us later.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011