Page 1 of 2
I'm refering to what people usually call screaming- but it's not going AHHHHHHHH its like...
growls...and stuff... Like Lamb of God and CoB and those sort of guys. I can sort of growl but the lady from Arch Enemy said in order to not kill yourself, you should do it from your chest... how the hell?
I can only get a distorted hiss lacking a low-end.

Kind of like Davey Havvok in that gay-ass Miss Murder crap, when he goes all screamo.

Imagine that, put through a spider III 15W. No bass, mids at 12'o clock and treble at 3'.

You talking about stuff like Job For A Cowboy?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
pinch harmonics u mean?
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
i just do it. as a kid id make demonic voices and now i just do growls like that and ****. its hard to explain.
Its hard to explain...i scream from the thigh
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
Dude, he's talking about his voice, not his guitar...
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
It sounds dumb^ but it really works. I just can't do it very loud.

If that is infact what you're talking about.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
MR Angela Gossow said that? well i'll be! though i wouldnt trust the advice of a woman pretending to be a fat man pretending to be a viking who's pretending to be a bear.
Pacman of the UG Hero's and Villians club
What's wrong with normal singing? It's losing its 'hip' these days.
theres this one chick witha dvd zen of screaming or somethin i think her names mellisa cross and she teaches the guy from lamb of god and the dude from all that remains
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Use the search bar. There's a Growling Help Thread in the metal forum.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Lex Davids
MR Angela Gossow said that? well i'll be! though i wouldnt trust the advice of a woman pretending to be a fat man pretending to be a viking who's pretending to be a bear.

uh...
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Buy Opeth cd's and try to sing along when you're driving to school or whatever.

That's what I do anyway.
Quote by SavageNights
My mate thinks he is awesome when he does it from his throat.

You should probably tell him.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by kidsilcon
What's wrong with normal singing? It's losing its 'hip' these days.

Amen Brotha
Okay as someone who did substitute vocals for 1 show for my friends death metal band, I will give you some tips.

For Growls: Make the sound of a dog growling. Now try and hold the lowest "sound" of this dog growl. If you are doing it right you should feel almost as if your stomach is physically sucking in when you do this.

For Brees: Breathe in as if you were taking a deep breath. You probably just breathed in with your nose open and your mouth shut. Now try to do the same but keep your mouth open. You will hear a sound of some sort. Try the motion of creating this sound but try to make the sound lower and lower and more and more clear.

Also I would recommend going on youtube or google video or whatever and searching the Zen of Screaming. Its this instructional DVD that helps a lot. You may be able to get a better idea just from some of the clips you watch.
If you are calling the satan growl screaming, you can go listen to your grindcore bullsh*t in hell, or go stereotype some metal in hell a** Hole
i don't get why pig squeals are used.

seriously, what's the point?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by RidicuLousbass
If you are calling the satan growl screaming, you can go listen to your grindcore bullsh*t in hell, or go stereotype some metal in hell a** Hole

I'm not calling grunting 'screaming'. Most people I know call it screaming, so I thought maybe I'd get better results asking for screaming. Kthxbi?

And lol @ pig squeels... my guitar teacher and I had a conversation about that, it was incredible... lolololol
I can do black metal well but it hurts.
I can also nail gutterals/squeals decently.

My regular death metal growls like George Fischer aren't so grand. neither are my throatier core vocals. My singing is okay too.

Any idea on how to hit highs without it hurting?
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Breathe in deep and keep a tank of air, you should never be out of breath completely.

Tighten your abs and push...almost as if you're trying to take a ****...Sounds funny, I know, but it came straight from the Zen Of Screaming.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I get death metal, and high pitched power metal screams. but the guys in my band hate it when i do that
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
I've always wanted to scream like Nergal from Behemoth, but when i do it, it sounds like low gurgling + screaming. not exactly death metal and more of death of diaria
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by Rosseta Stoned
I get death metal, and high pitched power metal screams. but the guys in my band hate it when i do that

You want high piched? Listen to the song Painkiller by Judas Proest. Now THATS some high pitched scream
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
lol hell ya. The guy from 3 inches of blood gets up there pretty high too. But i kid u not, i can hit extremely high notes
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Just make sure it sure the stress of your scream is on your stomach, not on your vocal cords. If you put the stress on your vocal cords, you can seriously screw them up.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by metal Lover

Yeah, +1

I love modern death metal growls but if I wanted to be in a band I would want to sing (grunt? scream?) like Chuck Schuldiner. All those early death metal/grind bands had kind of a half-growl and still sounded coherent. It just sounds a lot more raw and cooler to me.

I also love Power Violence growling. It's so bizzare.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=5556908

edit: listen to scared of naked men.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Last edited by thrashfan at Nov 6, 2007,
Page 1 of 2