Page 1 of 3
Personally i hate fender picks

all kinds of them

i think the thins are wayyy to thin, medium has this weird texture and hard doesnt bend at all
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I like Fender Mediums but I CA some sandpaper on it for grip

I don't seem to like any pick that is thicker than the above.

Chris
damn. i use dunlop gator grip picks. maint the 2.4 or whatever it is. green. i HATE the thin picks.
I hate any thin pathetic picks!!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Anything under heavy, and really small picks.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by ibanezluvr
What would make picks more grippy.

Do you mean in your fingers or to grip the strings more? If you mean your finger grip...I mentioned in my above post I glue sandpaper to mine for grip. If you mean to grip the strings, try sanding the end of the pick to rough it up...works great.

Chris
Planet waves.
Thin, loose picks (on electric).
Square picks.
Picks with corners.
Green picks.
Picks with holographics.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by RCShadow
Do you mean in your fingers or to grip the strings more? If you mean your finger grip...I mentioned in my above post I glue sandpaper to mine for grip. If you mean to grip the strings, try sanding the end of the pick to rough it up...works great.

Chris

The pick gets rough anyway from the constant hitting against the strings.

I find it funny now that some of the picks I have are sanded down so much that I can cut through stuff with the edge.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I personally have several mediums but i prefer extra heavys from fender. thin picks are sucky in so many ways. they break in a matter of seconds and theres no point in using them.
I mostly use thin picks, they really are what found pinch harmonics for me. So I stick to them.

I wouldn't say I hate anything, it just throws me off for a minute or two.
Anything other than red Jazz III's for an electric.

Quote by ibanezluvr
What would make picks more grippy?

I use a penknife to cut random grooves in the part you hold. Makes them quite a lot grippier i find.
I hate thin picks, and those cheesy "celluloid" picks. I use purple dunlop tortex, and black dunlop gator's, depends on what type of playing I'm in the mood for. When I want searing harmonics, I use a quarter.
Crate XT120R w/Eminence Texas Heat speakers
Randall V2 Head(stolen)
Randall 2x 12 1x15 cab(stolen)
LTD EC500 w/Rockfield SWC's(emg sux)(stolen)
Jackson KVX10 King V w/Rockfield Fatass/Mafia P'ups(stolen)
M100FM(ESP/LTD); Rockfield Fatass p'ups
Quote by Nolly
Anything other than red Jazz III's for an electric.

I use a penknife to cut random grooves in the part you hold. Makes them quite a lot grippier i find.

same here but I like black too I even saved my first red jazz III. I'll use tortex maybe if I have no choice otherwise I fingerstyle it
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
i can stand thin and thick picks
thin picks are flimsy and you can't thrash the strings, thick picks have no flexibility, way to stiff for me tastes
i myself use the yellow tortex (those are .78 mm for those who don't know) they have flexibility but are sturdy, best of both worlds i suppose
also i'll use fender medium celluloids on occasion (which means when i receive them as a gift )
Those Giant, thin triangular ones. You know, the ones that are the size of a loonie
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I just don't like really thin picks, like those white dunlop ones that are so thin you'd do better with a piece of construction paper.

other than that, it's all good, I don't really like those big ole black triangle things, and I hate using quarters or anything with a rough edge for a temporary pic.
Really thick picks

I can't stand more than 1.0.

.36 is doable. .60 is prime choice.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Teh GIR
Personally i hate fender picks

I have played fender picks for years, but as i have been playing in the studio a lot lately i cant hold on to them when i get sweaty, they slip right out of my fingers, only so slightly, but enough to be heard on a recording. my buddy just gave me some gator grips and i think im sold. the reason i never changed to an easier to hold pick is casue i hate picks with bumps and **** on them. gator picks are like real picks but they dont slip for some reason.

oh and thick picks are a must for metal.....
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
i ahte it when i only have a thin one and im trying to solo

and i RLY hate picks that are slick
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by hoondog
I have played fender picks for years, but as i have been playing in the studio a lot lately i cant hold on to them when i get sweaty, they slip right out of my fingers, only so slightly, but enough to be heard on a recording. my buddy just gave me some gator grips and i think im sold. the reason i never changed to an easier to hold pick is casue i hate picks with bumps and **** on them. gator picks are like real picks but they dont slip for some reason.

oh and thick picks are a must for metal.....

GATOR GRIPS PWN EVERTHING!!! i rly love the blue ones, i forget what thickness that is
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
GATOR GRIPS PWN EVERTHING!!! i rly love the blue ones, i forget what thickness that is

1.14mm woot!!!
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by hoondog
1.14mm woot!!!

woohooo!!!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i cant stand dunlop picks... especially teh nylons
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
i hate the jazz picks. no bite from them. i don't like tortex too. for the same reason. i like dunlop ultex, and fender celluloids. both extra heavy.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm not very picky about picks (err... pun not intended). However, I really don't like any pick that pretty much falls out of my fingers when I'm playing due to their slippery surfaces. Very annoying. Ridiculously thin and thick picks aren't my top choices either.
we know a place no spaceships go
Quote by Dudage
Those Giant, thin triangular ones. You know, the ones that are the size of a loonie

Have you seen the picks Carlos Santana uses?
Quote by RCShadow
Have you seen the picks Carlos Santana uses?

Naw, are they like that?

Wouldn't change my opinion, maybe give me a little more respect for Santana though. Toting those massive things around
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I despise nylons and cellelouse picks. I just use 1mm blue tortexs, I dont mind the thicker purple ones or the thinner green ones but anything thinner... yuck. I like dunlop big stubbies for jazz but they seem to slip to much for any agressive music.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Best picks for me I find are .60mm Dunlops. They have awesome grip on them plus, they're not so floppy you can't pick individual strings nicely.

Anything bigger and I can't tremolo Pick atall.
I hate big, normal size ones and thin ones for electric, but I use .7 Nylons on Acoustic. Electric is Black Jazz III.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Page 1 of 3