Okay, I'm having trouble understanding the terminology and stuff for chains. I'm pretty bad when it comes to the technical aspects of things.

That being said.

I have a Carvin x100b head as my main amp. It has an Effects Loop, Return, Send.

I run out of the jack in my amp my POD XTL which is where I get a lot of my 'tones'. Then come out of the pod into my guitar.

Now I have a MXR 10-Band EQ, a Boss NS-2, a Morely Bad Horsie Wah, and soon to have a Ibanez TS-9.

Now in as stupid terms as possible. What's the best place to first of all but the NS-2? (output, input, send, return jacks are all on the NS-2)

Then all of the other pedals.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Depends - what are you using the POD XT for? If it's for effects, I'd just put it in the effects loop.
If its for amp modeling and effects, then I put it in between your guitar and your amp head. If the POD is in the effects loop, the eq could go on either side of it.

As for the other pedals - I'd go guitar to NS-2 to Bad Horsie to TS-9 to amp.
I'd go wah then TS-9 in front of the amp, then the EQ in either the loop or the front of the amp, depending on what you like. For the POD, do what pe4c said.
This is the part I don't understand.

What do you mean by 'in front of' the amp. Does that mean, from the amp's output, to the pedal, then the pedal to the pod?

As for the POD it's not in my loop. I go from my amp jack to the pod, to my guitar atm. I use the amp models on the POD, but at the same time i'm still capable of shaping that tone w/ the knobs/EQ on my amp, but the main 'factor' of the tone is the pod's patch
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
AMP Input>TS9>Wahwah>NS-2>Guitar
AMP FX LOOP SEND>POD>AMP FXLOOP RETURN

OR (If you're using the modeller settings on your POD)

AMP Input>TS9>POD>Wahwah>NS-2>Guitar

That's what I would do, but i'm not sure about the NS-2. Possibly put it between the TS9 and the amp input.
When I say 'in front of the amp' I mean like this: guitar -> pedal -> amp's input.

I'd put the NS-2 between TS-9 and the input of the amp, by the way. Then it'll kill noise from anything before the amp, not just your guitar. If you've got a well-shielded guitar with humbuckers, you really shouldn't be getting too much guitar noise anyway.
Ah okay thanks, yeah the NS-2 was the main one I was wondering about. Mainly because I've heard people say it sucks, but then the people that like it say they're not using it right by not putting it in the right spot to get it's affect.

So many popular artists use the NS-2 as well so I was wondering where to slide it.

Thx for the info.....hah unfortunately looks like i'm going to need to go out and nab a couple more cables to hook this up.

What about the MXR 10-Band EQ though. I've had it between my amp and pod before and while it worked it didn't work quite like i'd hoped.
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
I dunno, really, cos I've never had experience with EQs and effects loops together. I'd just put together my regular chain, then experiment with it in different spots in said chain till I get something good.