ok i want my guiatr to freakin scream like a banshee when im soloing and then crunch when im lower up the fretboard, what pedal is going to acheive this type of sound?

Or is it a pickup issue?
haha i bet thats the problem, i m playing right now on a little 20 Watt practice amp and have a pretty beat up les paul, but in about a month im picking up a gibson faded flying V so is a pedal necessary with a V or are the pickups gonna handle this on their own??

yea i know i need to upgrade my amp, its next on my list of junk to do

les paul is an epi by the way
I have a grunge pedal, that + proper guitar/amp settings can get you a pretty good metal sound.
max out the mid, turn up all the knobs on the guitar and tune down till your strings hit the floor.
thats how you play metal right thur.
my gear:
ibanez RG
digitech RP250
crate RFX15
marshall 30-watt

ignore the username
Quote by Eminored
I'd start a World War too if I listened to enough polka.

Quote by COBHC728
To TriviumJunkie: You need rehab my friend

stanleybach ur fucking banned!!
APSH!!
"A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music"

lmao....gotta love ignorant metalheads/hardxcore kids.
Quote by triviumjunkie
max out the mid, turn up all the knobs on the guitar and tune down till your strings hit the floor.
thats how you play metal right thur.

in all honesty, youre really sposed to turn all the mids completely off.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
personally if u gonna get a V u should buy some different pickups... They may describe it as a metal guitar but its just from the looks. gibson pickups are basically for classic/rock

You could get a pedal for under 100 bucks and you wouldnt have a problem with the amp or the guitar/pickups. may i suggest the death metal pedal from digitech? or the new metal one from Boss.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
in all honesty, youre really sposed to turn all the mids completely off.
Quote by TJM2482
lmao....gotta love ignorant metalheads/hardxcore kids
"A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you have no problem with people liking whatever kinda of ****ing music they want.

i agree. fixed.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by TJM2482
"A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music"

lmao....gotta love ignorant metalheads/hardxcore kids.

Gotta love people who add nothing to a thread.

On topic:

You aren't going to get a "screaming" metal tone with just a 20w SS amp, no offence. No pedal is going to accomplish that.
Quote by Slash's padawan
personally if u gonna get a V u should buy some different pickups... They may describe it as a metal guitar but its just from the looks. gibson pickups are basically for classic/rock

You could get a pedal for under 100 bucks and you wouldnt have a problem with the amp or the guitar/pickups. may i suggest the death metal pedal from digitech? or the new metal one from Boss.

yea thanks, i was loking at those and they look nice ill have to check em out..

and yea man i know im not gonna get screaming metal out of a practice amp lol, im upgrading that soon though
yea i ust checked out that death metal pedal and it is exactly what i was looking for, thanks man
Quote by conquistador
...or are the pickups gonna handle this on their own??

There are no pickups that are hot enough to make crazy distortion on their own. Some amp heads have pretty ballsy dirt (apparently the Warhead sounds mean).

And if I were you, I'd check out the Line6 ÜberMetal.