Page 1 of 2
So I recently decided to become vegetarian; I've gone five days meat-free. Recently I heard from a teacher that vegetarians tend to undergo strange changes in their bodies... Some visible?
Any clue as to what these changes are?
You grow a pair of tits.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
This is generally the result of hormonal and vitimin suppliments that quite a few vegetarians take. Or lack there of. Anyways, yes. Excess estrogen or malfunctioning estrogen receptors can result in gynecomastia, or man boobs.
you gotz teh epic buubz!
well, my friend started to look like ****. sure, he lost weight, but he just looks like utter ****.
i have a vegetaian friend he looks scrawny and has red hair so they could be it
Deff take vitamins to get protein. I could never do that bro, i commend you for being brave
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
that thing about zits could actually be true, that scrawny guy face is always covered in those really red zits and i know this other guy who recently became a vegetarian and he has got zits all over the top of his face. But both of them eat alot of sweet food like chocolate bars and stuff so it could just be from that
No, Im getting protein and stuff... From almonds, some vitamins. I'm getting most of what I need; I'm not one of those "vegetarians" that has no clue what he's doing. If you work out, will you still suffer the "scrawniness"? Or will that make your body better?
Umm, well yes you do lose weight unless you eat a lot of junk food. I have lost weight since since I became one. Only like 10 or so pounds. But it's not like you''ll get malnourished or anything.

When I first started I was hungry a lot of the time. But eventually you get used to it because your appetite will get smaller.

As long as you just eat right you won't have to take any supplements, I never have and never will. You get plenty of protein from a veggie diet.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
You should eat a lot of lentils because they are good source of protein.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by tunasband
i dont want teh man boobz
= (
anything else?
I heard you break out in zits more often?
Rumor? Or is it true?

opposite actually, let oils from animal meat means less zits.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I don't know but if what Southpark say is true: You wil grow small pussies all over your body. If you don't eat meat for a while, you will turn into one giant pussy.

No offense.
Quote by Vermintide
I love getting hit in the balls.

Sometimes, I masturbate while imagining my girlfriend is ramming her knee up into my precious orbs. It turns me on so much.

Actually, that's not true. I don't have a girlfriend
Quote by tunasband
i dont want teh man boobz
= (
anything else?
I heard you break out in zits more often?
Rumor? Or is it true?

I wouldn't know but my friend who was a girl lost alot of weight. I'd imagine less zits, since you are eating less greasy food. But I don't know.

But the number one rule to being a vegetarian/vegan NEVER PUSH YOUR BELEIFS OVER SOMEONE. WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT, AND CHANCES ARE YOU WILL JUST AGRIVATE US.

Bu other than that, good luck
Quote by Retardwitguitar

rofl.
you do that.

actually, my appetite is pretty small already... I eat no junk food atm (trying to change my eating habits). I snack off things like almonds, apples, carrots, bananas. I find it funny, the fact that I decided to do this just spontaneously, and its going well.
I'm trying to be vegan, actually... but I keep failing. Too many animal by-products everywhere. Eventually I'll convert to that, but for now, I guess vegetarian will do the job for me.
oh, btw, i just wanted to use that maddox picture, i actually have nothing against vegetarians
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Quote by shakes23
I don't know but if what Southpark say is true: You wil grow small pussies all over your body. If you don't eat meat for a while, you will turn into one giant pussy.

No offense.

beaten to the punch...
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
About 10 months ago when I gave up meat, I did it kind of on a whim, and went cold turkey (aha, pardon the pun). I didn't notice any real physical change, initially I dropped a few pounds in muscle but with exercise over the summer I gained it right back. Just make sure you get protein (eggs are great, so is peanut butter but you sound like you're all over that) and make sure if you're not taking a protein supplement that you're at least taking a vitamin with B-whatever and other things only found in meats. Fibre will also help your digestive system, well, digest better.

I don't think you'll have any real physical change, as long as you make sure you do it healthily.
Congrats on doing something that makes a difference!
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
Quote by tunasband
So I recently decided to become vegetarian; I've gone five days meat-free. Recently I heard from a teacher that vegetarians tend to undergo strange changes in their bodies... Some visible?
Any clue as to what these changes are?

Your teacher is an idiot.

Also, join the Vegetarian club!
(click my name, go to groups)

I've been a vegetarian for a few months now and I'm fine. My sister has been for years and she's fine.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
My gf's dad is a veg.... he cooks food using some kind of wierd mushroom instead of meat...
it's very tasty actually!

Anyone know what im talkin about?
Quote by Våd Hamster
My gf's dad is a veg.... he cooks food using some kind of wierd mushroom instead of meat...

Uhh, tofu?
Quote by millerdrr
you caught me making a mistake on extremely basic theory, WHILE making a mistake regarding corporate philosophy. you earned the bag, and you single-handedly force me to retract all of my "Canada Blows" propaganda. you>me
I became a vegetarian almost a year ago.
The only real change I notice was I pooped alot more.
But I also had 6+ times a day. Roughly the same amount of food, but I spaced it out over the day. Thats actually a better way to eat as opposed to 3 big meals.

Its very hard to eat vegetarian. There are so many foods that you think would be ok, but are not. Did you know that some of sugar is made white from bonemeal? (yes that from actual bones).
Read the labels carefully.
There are alot of different kinds of fake meats.
Morningstar Farms makes alot of good stuff (Although the fake bacon kinda sucks, its not bad in a salad). They make a fake rib that tastes pretty damn good. Thier fake corn dogs are as good as the real thing (Thats what I had for tonights dinner).

http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/home.aspx
Quote by Våd Hamster

Portabello mushrooms make a killer "burger".
Cooked in some teriyaki sauce and topped with cheese and a slice of pineapple.
Quote by bananacrumpcake

Congrats on doing something that makes no difference!

Fixed.
Quote by CodeMonk
Portabello mushrooms make a killer "burger".
Cooked in some teriyaki sauce and topped with cheese and a slice of pineapple.

Gee, I'm getting pretty hungry reading that.
Where's that confounded bridge?

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you.
Congrats man...

I've been a vegitarian for 17 years,My parents told me I would'nt even eat meat as a little kid.Only thing I can say is stay at the gym...I never used to work out at all and weighed around 120ish pounds,Im 5'11 so I was pretty thin looking.After a year and a half of working out and all that good stuff Im upto 140 and no longer look like death lol.
Congrats, I only lasted a week.
You should be fine as long as you eat all the right foods and ensure you're getting a balanced, healthy diet.
It was next to impossible for me, trying to make it work in a non-vegetarian family. It was basically eat a regular diet, or eat tortilla chips and peanut butter.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Ive been a veg for about 8 months and a vegan for about a month. I havent experienced any changes with my body beside losing a few pounds (10 pounds at the most), I havent become weak or scrawny (was never strong in the first place) and I dont work out I also dont take any protein supplements. (get it all from peanut butter) The only cons are very repeative meals and critisisim from people who dont understand animals are living things and not just factory parts
Quote by metal Lover
take vitamins man. That's my only advice. Also, eat lots of beans and nuts/

yeah i got really sick a couple motnhs into it... protien pills and sdtuff mann is the way to go
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Changes in your body? Lol... I'm a vegetarian and no there aren't "changes in my body"... just make sure you get the necessary vitamins, i.e. protein. Beans, egg, and soy have tons of protein.

But actually there is a downside I suppose. I wasn't getting enough protein apparently, so my body started breaking down my muscle in need of protein (and energy... I wasn't eating enough in general). I work out a lot, which also may be why I was short on protein.
Last edited by Stupified at Nov 6, 2007,
No diet realted changes here, and I've been a vegetarian for 15 years. I didn't lose weight when I went vegetarian as a teenager, nor did I break out. A good vegan cookbook is The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein. I found it at Borders. My dad and my husband both like everything I've cooked from it, and they haven't given up meat.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
[/QUOTE

QFT.

And why may I ask? It's not good for you to not eat meat, your body needs it. (AHH! Double negative!!! My head hurts now, thanks.)
Don't listen to anybody in this thread. People seem to be intentionally messing with you.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years. The only change I have seen is that I lost a little puppy fat.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Page 1 of 2