Anyone try it? I was looking at the 150 watt version as an upgrade from my practice amp and I'd like to be able play at a small or medium size venue with it.
100 watts will do you better

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'd love to see your reasoning for this.

Yep. Had to do a double take on that one. When 100w is better than 150w for gigging purposes, I'll buy Beelzibub hot chocolate.

Line 6 bass amplifiers are not very well regarded, from what I've seen. They just sound like what they are, which is a box full of wires trying to emulate other amps. If you like the sound of a setting on a Line 6 amp, you may as well cut the crap and buy the brand it's copying.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by deafening
100 watts will do you better

Sometimes i hate this place
from my experiance line 6 just sounds way to digital, as caustic said, its just a bunch of wires trying to emulate a sound. Your money will be better off somewhere else in my opinion.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Last edited by bazz_aaron at Nov 6, 2007,
I'm going with Caustic and Aaron here... I played through a Line 6 at my local big chain instrument store, and hated it. I actually told the guy NEVER to plug me into to that thing again.

Too many controls and wires ruin stuff, IMO... too impersonal. and it's a really empty tone.
Quote by bazz_aaron
as socool said,

And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

my sincerest and deepest apologies, i have no idea why i did that, but i edited it for you, again im really really sorry
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Any suggestions for an amp of similar power for around 400$? I'd like to try out a few before I actually make my purchase. I've heard good things about Ampeg.

(Also, I'm trying to keep up in terms of volume with my 2 guitarists, one has a 125 watt Dean-Markley from the 80s and the other a 75 watt Line 6 Spider.)
Quote by bazz_aaron
my sincerest and deepest apologies, i have no idea why i did that, but i edited it for you, again im really really sorry

Haha, no worries. Happens to the best of us.

Quote by Zycho
Any suggestions for an amp of similar power for around 400$? I'd like to try out a few before I actually make my purchase. I've heard good things about Ampeg.

(Also, I'm trying to keep up in terms of volume with my 2 guitarists, one has a 125 watt Dean-Markley from the 80s and the other a 75 watt Line 6 Spider.)

Ashdown MAG. 300w solid state. Combo's go for about $439 on Musiciansfriend, and they come in a separate head/cab setup too. Can't get any better for the cash in my opinion.